CAD

NuNaturals, NuStevia White Stevia Powder, 12 oz (340 g)

CA$21.75
CA$31.08
Savings of: CA$9.33 (30% off)
Reviews 3-star

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

Best taste, but beware!

Posted by BelieveJesus4EternalLife on Nov 02, 2007

The good news is there's a no-carbohydrate variety. However, this product contains 1 gm of maltodextrin per serving. Maltodextrin is a carbohydrate with one of the highest glycemic values of any food - 137! I will no longer purchase this product because I use more than one serving when I use it, which means a greater spike in glucose and insulin levels. Because the GI value is so high, this causes the same effect as eating any other sugar-laden food. How ironic is this, but unfortunately it's very true. Go for the no-carbohydrate variety.

tablets better

Posted by Reviewer3180222 on Nov 05, 2007

The sweetness is inconsistant.It is more ecomomical.I use it for cooking and use the Nunaturals tablets for my coffee and tea.

good price

Posted by Reviewer1980327 on Jan 09, 2008

Not nearly as concentrated as NOW white stevia powder, you have to use at least 2-3 X as much of this product but the price is so right that it is ok.

NuNaturals NuStevia

Posted by Reviewer1911127 on Feb 08, 2009

I was really pleased with the quick service with this product. I wish it was one of the stevia's without the liquorice aftertaste I'm finding I dont use it as much as I expected as some recipes are spoiled with the aftertaste.

Interesting

Posted by Reviewer1673715 on Aug 15, 2009

This is the first time I've used stevia, so I am learning its properties. It flavored iced tea without any bitterness. However, it did not dissolve well in a homemade vinaigrette. I could taste pockets of sweetness.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »