Bob's Red Mill, Organic Coconut Flour, Gluten Free, 16 oz (1 lb) 453 g

C$ 9.89
Reviews 5-star

Loved it!

Posted by Reviewer2505410 From Tennessee on Sep 10, 2009

Loved this flour- very healthy & high in fiber. Only a very slight aftertaste of coconut in the blueberry muffins I made. Can't tell at all in chocolate baked goods. The only trick is, this flour absorbs tons of liquid so must add more & also must use lots of eggs to compensate for no gluten. I will definitely use this instead of white or wheat flour for all my healthy treats!

First time trying coconut flour

Posted by Reviewer1117301 From Colorado on May 01, 2009

I have not tried any other brands of coconut flour so I'm not sure how it compares to others. The flour is very fine and baked up into a very delicate crumb. If you don't use a strong flavoring such as chocolate, you can really taste the "coconuttiness" of the flour coming through. I made coconut flour brownies that were delicious but ended up more with a cake texture than a brownie texture. I'm still experiencing with other recipes at this time.

Coconut Flour

Posted by Reviewer1620176 From Texas on Mar 03, 2008

This is my first time to use it, and I have gone through half the package. I am diabetic and don't do much baking. I am a pie and pudding man, but am paranoid about sugar and carbs. I use powdered dark cocao which makes a rather bitter pudding. I have been adding this flour and it gives not only a nutritional element, but a slightly sweet taste to my pudding. Now new problem---portion size and moderation. Can't eat just one, as the commercial goes.

Great stuff!

Posted by Reviewer2894352 From Utah on Mar 29, 2008

My boys are wheat and gluten intolerant. This is the perfect flour for them. We make muffins from this and they have no reaction what so ever. Highly recommend.

Super Product

Posted by Reviewer2128490 From Minnesota on Jan 14, 2009

Best thing I've found to add moisture and flavor simultaneously to otherwise cardboard like gluten free baked goods. Its way spendy though. Substitute 1/3 whatever flour mix you are using with this and you will have a nice moist dessert.