CAD

CA$10.34

CA$10.88

Savings of: CA$0.55 (5% off)

• Customer Ratings

Curious little grain

Posted by 5110869369090783977 on Feb 19, 2016

Now, I'm a curious person, and as soon as I heard about teff and saw I could buy it at my favorite online shop I jumped on it. I've been crowding out wheat from my family diet since decades by adding all the different grains I could find, and teff is our latest addition. It is a very small grain and cook like amaranth, not quite like polenta but in this veine. The taste is hearty but pleasant. Because of the texture which somewhat resemble baby food, it will not become a staple on our table, but it's a good grain to have every once in a while.

ms

Posted by 5287178679190435095 on Sep 02, 2015

Great in soups.

Bob's Red Mill Whole Grain Teff is VERY Nutritious and Gluten FREE Too!

Posted by BeckySue on Mar 13, 2015

I appreciate that this all natural product is gluten free. This highly nutritious and tasty grain is the smallest grain in the world. This small size means the germ and bran, where the nutrients are concentrated, account for a much larger volume of the seed compared to more familiar grains. Try this Teff Grain as a hot breakfast cereal!

First time using Teff.

Posted by 4728417871663750325 on Sep 08, 2014

I bought this because I couldn't find it here in Australia. The seeds are so tiny. I added it to a stew and it had a gel like consistency, yet to cook it on its own. I found it had no overpowering taste in the stew.

Amazing gluten free grain.

Posted by Leione on Apr 23, 2014

So delicious and nutritious. In addition to being gluten free and suitable for people with celiac disease and gluten intolerance, this ancient Ethiopian grain is rich in protein, dietary fiber, B vitamins (thiamin, vitamin B6, niacin, folic acid, riboflavin), iron, calcium, potas sium, copper, zinc, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, selenium, phytosterols and antioxidants, and is beneficial for people suffering from diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, obesity, heart disease, gastritis, acid reflux, nausea, indigestion, osteoporosis, arthritis, rheumatism and even cancer: it helps stabilize blood sugar and regulate insulin levels, prevents blood spikes keeping you full longer, aids digestion, prevents heartburn and acid reflux, increases appetite, soothes the stomach lining, reduces colon inflammation, normalizes blood pressure, lowers triglycerides and LDL or "bad" cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or "good" cholesterol, protects against strokes, atherosclerosis and peripheral arterial disease, helps maintain healthy bones and teeth, and even reduces the risk of cancer. I love this whole grain teff and add it to different recipes: not only is it delicious, has a mild flavor and makes food taste better, but also it helps normalize my cholesterol levels and blood pressure and relieves the symptoms of my acid reflux and gastritis. Wonderful product. Highly recommended.

gives a unique crunch to bread

Posted by 5012605185043999151 on Feb 19, 2014

Teff adds a unique crunchiness to my bread for a very nice change. Really good.

Apparently delicious, a bit like couscus.

Posted by Reviewer1582777 on Dec 09, 2013

I gave this to my brother, and he pronounced it very nice, healthy, easy-cooking, and asked for more.

teff,excellent food

Posted by sixthdimen on Oct 04, 2013

I am not impressed with price and quality.I tried some other brand of teff and it seems better to me,also price is higher than on bobs site.

Good quality!

Posted by Reviewer1190860 on Sep 22, 2013

An interesting and healthy option.

whole grain teff

Posted by holahola on Mar 06, 2013

I love making porridge with this! Keeps my bloodsugar stable, and taste good!

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »