CAD

CA$8.14

CA$8.62

Savings of: CA$0.48 (6% off)

Coconut Secret, Raw Coconut Aminos, Soy Free

Posted by healthychoices-China on Jun 30, 2012

Coconut Secret Raw Organic Coconut Aminos 237 ml Great on salads, pasta, meat, fish, especially sushi The Coconut Secret Vinegar is also very good and highly rich in vitamins, minerals and 17 amino acids. # Certified 100% Organic # GLUTEN-FREE # SOY-FREE # 17 Naturally Occurring AMINO ACIDS # Special Sun Dried, Mineral-Rich SEA SALT # DAIRY-FREE # VEGAN Coconut Aminos vs. Soy-based sauces Among the many nutritional benefits of the Coconut Aminos product, the most notable is its impressive amino acid content compared to soy-based sauces. Commonly described as the "building blocks of protein," amino acids are vitally important to human health. They contribute to the repair and rebuilding of muscle tissue, help to enhance overall brain and nervous system funciton, and assist in boosting the immune system and physical energy levels. Second only to water protein is on of the most important substances in our bodies which is why it is nutritionally beneficial to consume a diet that is rich in amino acids. A comparison between coconut tree sap and soy, shows that coconut sap contains up to 14 times the amino acid content of soy. Many soy sauces on the market are fermented by first soaking the soybeans in water and salt, and then adding specific cultures of molds, yeasts and bacteria to help catalyze the fermentation process. Coconut Aminos is made from coconut tree sap, which comes right out of the tree so vital, active and alive nutrients, that is only blending with our own sun dried mineral-rich sea salt and aged, without the need for a fermentation booster or added water. As well, the majority of conventional soy sauces on the market are made with non-organic, genetically modified (GMO) soybeans. Long term use of unfermented soy related products has led to an increase in soy allergies, a disruption in proper thyroid function, and an overload of estrogens in the body.

I will never use soy sauce again!

Posted by PaleoLowCarber on Sep 05, 2013

I was a bit skeptical when I read the reviews here.. I've never heard of coconut aminos as soy sauce before, coming from an Asian family, it's a bit weird too. WELL! I'm blown away by how similar this is to the usual soy sauce that we consume. Because Monsanto built its base here in our country I've never trusted local soy products (GMO anyone?) I'm absolutely thrilled and will continue using this as a permanent replacement for soy sauce! Thanks, iHerb for carrying the product.

Tasty & Healthy

Posted by Reviewer1320108 on Jan 16, 2011

I was looking for a healthier alternative to soy sauce and I found it. It was very tasty as a chicken marinade and on rice. I'd recommend it.

Coconut-Secret-Raw-Coconut-Aminos-Soy-Free-Seasoning-Sauce-8-fl-oz-237-ml/24098

Posted by 4615469440604830918 on Jun 14, 2013

Love it! Had to wait a long time before i could order it... (always out of stock...). But it was worth the wait!! Love the flavor, love the fact it's made from coconuts, that's it's RAW... best soy free seasoning sauce!!

Yum!

Posted by Reviewer1148179 on Mar 25, 2014

This tastes like soy sauce but it's soy free. Great for those with food allergies. Good alternative to soy sauce for Paleo diets too.

Sweeter than soy sauce but OK substitute

Posted by 4665503560050011313 on Nov 27, 2013

A little disappointed, since I expected something tasting a little more lika soy sauce (which I miss a lot, breastfeeding child with soy allergy). This was sweeter and had a scent of coconut. But it's good and better than no soy at all:-).

Taste: ok, not great - May need to be refrigerated or finished quickly after opening

Posted by emanuela on Apr 26, 2014

First time I've purchased this: I don't care much about the taste. It is ok, mind you, and healthier than the alternatives, hence my purchase. PROBLEM: Some white ball-shaped items have formed on top (as if it were mould, not sure what it is) and I am unsure if I should bin the item.

Amazing! but loses flavor when cooked

Posted by Reviewer1239444 on Sep 20, 2010

Coconut Aminos tastes wonderful, VERY close to soy (I grew up on soy sauce, so I well remember what it tastes like). The only problem is if you cook it it will loose a lot of its flavor. If you plan on using it in a non-raw stir fry, add it at the very end. Also great because it's not as high in sodium as soy sauce is.

It's okay

Posted by abbyiherb on Nov 01, 2010

I think I'm too much of a soy sauce lover to give it up entirely although I do like the fact that this product comes close in flavor and is less salty than regular soy sauce.

Interesting

Posted by 5734304313578817311 on Mar 18, 2015

It is a very good product in itself, but to me, it does not replace soy sauce. It is sweeter (in taste not sure about content). I might keep it in my fridge going forward but I will have to experiment on how to use it best. I am still to find a gluten and soy free "soy-like sauce". Any advice welcome :-)