Dr. Ohhira's, Essential Formulas Inc., Probiotics, Original Formula, 60 Capsules

C$ 52.17
Reviews 5-star

Incredible

Posted by Reviewer1415100 From California on Feb 11, 2013

I'm still in disbelief as I write this. I was diagnosed with Blastocystis Hominis, and went through 6 months of hell trying to get rid of this stomach bug. I constantly had diarrhea and lost a lot of weight. I did months and months of research trying to find a cure, and I tried pretty much everything out there: multiple antibiotics, natural remedies such as oregano oil, wormwood, black walnut hulls, cloves, grapefruit seed extract, Sovereign Silver, and even probiotics such as Culturelle, S. Boulardii and the really expensive VSL3. None of these regimens worked, although some helped more than others. Completely depressed and knowing that I had wiped out most of my flora (none of the probiotics would stop the diarrhea), I decided to try Dr. Ohhiras - especially based on all the positive reviews. I have to admit that I didn't think it would help, but I ordered it along with Heather's Tummy Care off iHerb, hoping that it would at least help alleviate my stomach issues. I took this in addition to already taking Zenpep and Doctor's Best Betaine HCL (for low stomach acid). Well, I just received my third test back in 4 months, and all three confirmed what I already knew and felt: the Blasto has been eradicated! The diarrhea completely stopped and most of my other stomach issues are slowly resolving. My primary doc and gastroenterologist are all amazed that I was cleared of Blasto using this probiotic, and asked me to bring it in on my next visit (they have not had any luck using antibiotics or other herbs on almost any of their other patients). Just wanted to say a huge thank you to Dr. Ohhira for making such an incredible product. You really saved my life. And thanks to iHerb for carrying this product. I would give it 10 stars if I could. If anyone reading this is suffering from a Blasto infection, I would say try this before doing any antibiotics or other harsh treatment. The antibiotics are what caused the diarrhea in the first place, and I could have saved a lot of grief if I tried this first. Just remember it takes a couple months for this probiotic to work. Just have faith, reduce your stress and also stop any antioxidants momentarily (a recent study showed that antioxidants can suppress treatments to eradicate anaerobic organisms like Blasto). I hope this will help anyone who is going through what I went through. Best wishes.

Best Probiotic

Posted by Reviewer3127990 on Jan 08, 2007

This probiotic is great. My daughter suffered from allergies a lot. Put her on these probiotics and olive leaf extract--she never has allergies and never gets sick!!

Great probiotic

Posted by Reviewer2801716 From New Jersey on Aug 10, 2011

I read all the reviews of this product and figured I should try since I have tried many probiotics. I took 5 on the first day (a loading dose) as one reviewer suggested which seemed to reset my stomach by reducing bloating and calming everything down. I have been taking one in the morning and one at night. I have noticed a significant decrease in bloating. I feel better and have more energy overall. Its been 2 weeks so far and I will continue taking it. This seems to be one of the best probiotics I have tried so far. I supplement with Kefir drinks which depending on the brand has 20 billion plus, live cultures in it. You can get this at any healthy markets in the dairy aisle. The also make coconut kefir and juice kefir which are dairy free. I would highly recommend trying that in addition to probiotics. I have been searching for years for products that work.

Fantastic Probiotcs

Posted by Reviewer1098400 From California on Sep 28, 2008

These probiotics were recommended by my doctor to help with Candida control and they've not only helped get rid of the yeast, but help keep me regular and my digestion has improved.

Ulcerative Colitis Miracle

Posted by Reviewer2656358 From North Carolina on Jul 14, 2009

I had been suffering with uncontrollable UC for several months - constant urgency, diarrhea, bleeding and frequency. Certain foods were just not tolerated and would send things off in a downward spiral. I was a prisoner of my bathroom. I took Dr. Ohirra's probitotics in conjunction with penicillin VK and it cleared up the UC symptoms in a few days (started with 2 in AM, 1 PM first week - now taking just 1 in AM before eating). I can now tolerate the foods, too, that were a problem. Mentioned this miracle to a friend with exact same problem with their UC. They started the probiotics, but no penicillin, and their symptoms are gone, too (not sure what role, if any the penicillin played for me, but need to note its use. BTW, I tested not-positive for parasites, etc, just the week before). For you folks with UC that has become untreatable with conventional drugs (was on Asacol at max dosage in conjunction with Mesalamine) this is a UC miracle! I tried the other, very expensive, refrigerated probiotic to no avail, Dr Ohirra's are the best.