Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Dr. Ohhira's, Essential Formulas Inc., Probiotics, Original Formula, 60 Capsules

C$ 55.24
Reviews 5-star

excellent product!

Posted by Reviewer1710474 on Jun 04, 2010

I've bought several products in the past that I was told were excellent and the best in the market, Solaray products being one of the many that I've tried. Natren was another. Nothing has healed my gut like Dr. Ohhira's has. I've suffered from life-long IBS as well as stomach ulcers, causing me to become gluten intolerant and having to eliminate numerous healthy fruits, vegetables, legumes, and dairy from my diet. After taking Dr. Ohhira's probiotics for three months, I can now eat all these foods (in moderation, of course!). Amazing! I still deal with a bit of gas when I overdo it with the legumes and nuts, but nothing like before! I no longer have the gas, cramping and pain caused by food, and I don't have to be afraid when going out to eat, that something I might eat might disagree with my stomach and gut. This is only after 3 months, so I can only imagine it will get better. I was concerned about the "loading" phase in the beginning, because my gut is so sensitive, but I was fine. The "loading" phase is one thing the box doesn't mention. It's best to call the company to get a detailed explanation, because everyone has a different reason for taking this. I took 4 tabs AM and 4 tabs PM for 8 days, in the first week. The money spent on this is worth it, especially when everything else I've tried hasn't helped me nearly like this product has. I highly recommend this product.

Proactive

Posted by Reviewer3348037 on Oct 20, 2007

I was informed by a friend about this product on this website. I had diarrhea and had naseau for 2 weeks. Instead of the dr. asking me what had been going on in my life and what my diet was like they just started doing tests. I was getting ready for a trip prior and the stress along with the extra fiber I had taken had taken it's toll on me as both will contribute to SIBO. After I found out about the product and was directed to this website I ordered it immediately. When I asked the dr. about probiotics he said they were a very good thing. I've know about acidopholis and bifidus but didn't realize there were so many stains of good bacteria. Within 24 hours of taken this wonderful product I was right and have been since. I have to say that I would always have to eat a ton of fiber to stay regular and that can also cause SIBO (small intestinal bacteria overgrowth) which can cause either diarrhea or constiipation. Now I eat a adequate amount of fiber and have been wonderfully regular since. If I feel I am getting constipated I just increase my dosage very slightly. I love this product and have found out a lot about the digestive tract reading the material that came with this product. I entitled my review proactive because we must remain proactive about our health throughout our life because most doctors want to make a living and are into sales of tests instead of evaluating the patient as a whole. I'm amazed that GI doctors don't first and foremost stress the importance of probiotics.

Dr. Ohhira's Essentail Formulas

Posted by Reviewer1592869 on Nov 13, 2007

My family first heard about this product from a satalite program called, Know the Cause. While we all have had wonderful results, I have benifited the most. For 41 years I've been treated for ulcers. On the fourth day after starting Dr. Ohhira's Probiotic I've never taken another perscription product. Yes, in the early days I had a bit of cramping but toughed it out to see if this product would help. It did! My granddaughter has a cognitive disorder that has held her back in reading and reacting to others. She is so much better, that she has finally been able to understand simple math and her reading level has went from first grade to third grade level in less than a year. There are many other benefits, but this is a review not a novel. Give it a three month trial and see if you don't agree.

Its Great!

Posted by Reviewer1044167 on Jun 25, 2007

When I got these probotics in I had gotten a severe head cold. I had greed drainage and was unable to speak because my throat was so sore. I had not taken any other medication but took the probotics and that day my head unstopped and my cold started disappearing without taking anythng else. WOW!

Finally a probiotic with results!

Posted by Reviewer3097363 on May 28, 2007

This is the first probiotic that actually cleared my skin! On the 6th day after the intial loading dose my face was clear of the constant break outs I've had for over 30years. Thank you so much for this product!!