CAD

CA$21.96

CA$30.19

Savings of: CA$8.24 (27% off)

Great for fermenting vegetables

Posted by Reviewer1577301 on Apr 12, 2013

I eat a mostly Paleo diet and put up fermented vegetables every weekend for my salads for the coming week. I had been using leftover brine as my starter, but became concerned about the possibility of propagating undesirable organisms from batch to batch. Used with sea salt, a rounded teaspoon of this product per quart of cut vegetables provides an uncontaminated, flavorful, and highly economical (compared to the competition) starter for ferments. And it's quick -- fizzing starts within 24 hours. It's especially delicious with mashed potatoes (a "safe starch"), which I ferment once in a great while for non-Paleo guests.

Good but not the best...

Posted by Reviewer3195440 on Sep 18, 2012

Nice idea but you're better off just eating raw, fresh sauerkraut (or other such cultured veggies). Seemed to give me a bit of indigestion (gas). Otherwise effective as far as I can tell (discontinued use fairly prompt for the sauerkraut). Would not suggest use just before retiring... seems to increase energy levels.

Smells Rotten

Posted by Reviewer2086944 on Jan 28, 2013

I love fermented foods, but this powder smells like rotting flesh. Not sure if it is just the one I received or if all of them smell this horrible. I just cannot stomach it.

Great for digestion!

Posted by juliaheis on Mar 09, 2015

This powder is a great probiotic and starter culture for fermented vegetables, and it seems to help digestion too.

I put into capsules, hey presto!

Posted by Kareny on May 21, 2015

This powder has the distinct sour aroma of sauerkraut. I honestly don't mind, it smells clean and authentic. Fermented foods contain the elusive vitamin k2 which a lot of people confuse with k1. K1 is found in green leafy veg amongst other sources but k2 is more difficult to obtain (ie fermented foods). I'd like to take this powder as a drink but put it into capsules at the moment. I can be fussy on where my money goes with supplements but am a repeat purchaser of this one.

Wonderful stuff!

Posted by Hizerom on Jun 09, 2016

This fermented cabbage powder is great. Not only is it great nutrition, especially for those times when you need some quick vegetable nutrition, but it also is full of probiotics. I don't even mind the taste.