Emerald Forest Sugar, Xyla, Just Like Sugar, 1 lb (454 g)

C$ 8.86

Thank heavens for birch bark xylitol!

Posted by Reviewer3286297 From Switzerland on May 05, 2011

Just got this and love it. We previously received another xylitol and did not realise that it was corn-based. My two younger children reacted really badly. Now that we are back to the original birch bark xylitol were feeling so much better!

Excellent product, not finely grinded

Posted by Ozbeach From Australia on May 19, 2011

I am happy with this product. For now, I Prefer to buy Xylitol made from Birch trees instead of corncobs (unless country of origin and non GMO stated) even though it is probably more sustainable to buy made from corncobs. I like that it is made in USA (no dodgy origin). The only negative point (hence the 3 stars) is that it is not very fine (1-2 mm) but given the savings I make (even with the postage fees to Australia, it is 1/2 price from local shops), I will keep ordering it. Thumbs up for I-Herb fast and efficient service.

TASTES JUST LIKE SUGAR

Posted by Reviewer1768557 From Arizona on Jan 12, 2012

This product is SO good! I needed to cut out sugar from my diet as much as possible due to digestive problems (gastritis, terrible gas, bowel pains). I never thought of a yeast build-up in the intestines. I have been using this in coffee & tea...it tastes & acts just like sugar!! What a blessing!!! TRY IT!!!

Emerald Forest Xylitol

Posted by Reviewer1427720 on Oct 20, 2011

Great product! Our dentist said it kills bacteria and fungus in the body so that's an added benefit.

Posted by Reviewer1473469 on Jun 16, 2011

Just received, it has a different name on my bag though, XYLA. Seems Emerald Forest changed the name of it, but no big deal! LOVE that this is made from birch hardwood instead of corn fibers! Especially since I am allergic to corn products. The crystals are big, not fine. Kind of like colored sugar for cake or cookie decorations, but no big deal at all to me! Just wanted to share for those who prefer a finer sugar, but hey if that is a big deal, you can always use a coffe grinder or blender to make it more fine or powdery. NO aftertaste whatsoever and is very clean tasting, pure crystal sugar. I used it on oatmeal this morning and you'd never know cane sugar wasn't in it. Plan on making some limeade with it later today. :) Beware of other companies...........Emerald Forest is USA GMO free xylitol from birch NOT corn. Also alot of other companies charge less because it's produced in china.....therefore labor is cheaper, so product is cheaper. AMERICAN made for me and my family and love that it's BIRCH! Now, to see if it helps with our sinus probs and asthma. :) P.S. It IS safe for diabetics to use and is LOW on glycemic index scale AND is safe for candida sufferers also! It helps eliminate all kinds of nasties from our systems! Birch is far superior to corn xylitol!