CAD

CA$7.18

CA$9.32

Savings of: CA$2.15 (23% off)

• Please Click Here to see the color reference chart from Light Mountain Natural.

• Reviews | English

As good as herbs can be

Posted by katrintheevil on Jul 28, 2013

After reading a couple of prev reviews... Guys!! It's not chemical dye, these are just herbs!! :P So, no, don't count on evenly dyed hair, no, gray strands (yea, do have a few) won't be as dark as the rest of hair. It will wash out relatively quickly, yet-most importantly- won't damage your hair. Yea, it might make your hair gain kind of copper shade in the daylight, especially after some time, since indigo washes out quicker than henna. So... you can't blame this product for just being what it is ok ;) Please read the instructions before you use it, it gives all proper warnings ;) Light Mountain wrote it clear enough in my opinion ;P some advice for those who dare to try for the first time: start with washing thoroughly your hair and scalp with SLS/SLES shampoo withouth oils or silicones. You need to "strip" your hair so you could let henna get inside your hair structure (yea, it does that, that's why they get bit thicker too). Then prepaer the mixture as the instruction says. Using tea/coffee as they suggest is not obligatory- since this one is a mix of henna and indigo i guess messing with pH or leaving the mixture in warm place is not an option- pure henna likes it, indigo hates it., just put it on hair right away :P After keeping it on your hair (could be 30 mins, could be 3 hrs, depends on you...) wash it with water. Don't use conditioner/oil/anything for next 24 (yupp, 24) hours. During that time the color still "develops". Hair will seem dry, especially at the ends, but no worries :). I usually put a rich hair mask/oil 2-3 hours before i can finally wash it after those 24hrs. Next time you use it it can be only applied on your roots. The result: shiny, thicker hair with natural looking effect. As for those familiar with henna/indigo: this product is worth trying, what I wanted was a good quality (no lead or scary stuff one might find in cheap henna :S). Previously I've been using Khadi products, these are slightly pricier, perhaps due to the fact they add a couple of other herbs that also nourish your hair. I will definitely repurchase, turned out the conditioning properties are the same. Next time also going to try "cover your gray" version :)

Natural Hair Color!

Posted by Reviewer2219738 on Dec 29, 2010

I love the Light Mountain Natural Hair Color and Conditioner! I mixed with brewed coffee and 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and got a rich brown color. Thanks iHerb! ~Karen

Creates a nice mixture.

Posted by 5578855191767897142 on Apr 22, 2016

I use this with the Rainbow Dark Brown, and Light Mountain Medium Brown, one third of each! I use about a heaping teaspoon of each, sift it, and add amla powder which I sift, and add 2 teaspoons of white vinegar, onion peels, and dark decaffeinated tea for the tannin additives. I make a tea strain them add to the henna and let it sit for 1 hour, wash hair and apply to the grey bits first for an hour uncovered. Once the hour is up, I use it on the rest of my hair, and cover with saran wrap, for 3 more hours, then rinse with conditioner. I watch tv or surf on the computer. I learned a lot of the henna techniques from people in the middle east. If you want the results, you have to put in the time!

Good but it starts to fade off gradually from 2nd wash

Posted by Reviewer1159597 on Jan 28, 2012

I am an Asian with 50% gray hair. I mixed Light Mountain Dark Brown (2/3) and Black (1/3) to achieve my natural hair colour i.e. Dark Brown. I apply the henna on my hair for 2hrs. The effect is good but I have to touch-up every week as the colour starts to fade from the 2nd wash. I am waiting for my order Shikai, Color Reflect, Deep Shampoo to come, I hope it helps to maintain my colour without the frequent touch-ups. Will review on the product in due time.

Review

Posted by Reviewer1691336 on Sep 19, 2008

It was messy; doesnt smell very good. But the color turned out good. I had unnatural blonde highlights(the colorist went a little crazy with the bleach) since I am pregnant I didn't want to put chemicals on my body. My hair turned out good. Just make sure you follow all the directions. I like this product cause it is all natural and the more I use it the shinier and softer my hair gets.

Response

Posted by Reviewer1106646 on Mar 25, 2009

I have used this product for over 20 years and I absolutely love it.

Great product

Posted by Reviewer2720574 on Jun 07, 2010

As a result of using this product, my hair has copper highlights, and my grays are now blond - quite pretty. Required the application of constant heat for the color to take (used heat pack over a plastic shower cap). Am quite satisfied with the product, and really happy to avoid the harsh chemicals of regular dyes.

Very Satisfied Customer

Posted by Reviewer3102015 on Nov 20, 2011

I have VERY sensitive skin, and just the test patch of 'regular' hair coloring almost sent me to the ER. I can use the Light Mountain brand with no trouble at all - it's very safe, and never causes any allergic reaction. I'm a satisfied customer!

Amazing color, wonderful conditioning effect, at a huge fraction of the cost for a salon visit!

Posted by LicensedMassageTherapist on May 03, 2013

I've used Light Mountain Henna on my hair before and I have been impressed with the quality every single time. After spending a small fortune on toxic salon dyes and conditioning products, I decided to try something completely natural. I suggested viewing a youtube video on how to apply henna before taking on the task by yourself. One box covered my very thick curly hair that was two inches longer than shoulder length. The color was shiny and lasted for at least 4 weeks. The product did not stain my skin at all. I did notice that it kind of rubbed off into my neck after a couple days, turning my neck blue. But the color residue washed off of my neck with soap and water. I will continue to purchase this product for many years to come.

Great product

Posted by Reviewer1873598 on Mar 10, 2016

Henna can be a bit tricky to use but the rich, natural colour and moisturising is worth it. For my shoulder length fine hair, I mix a half box with a teaspoon each of cocoa butter, shea butter, coconut oil and enough strong black coffee to make a smooth paste. Leave for and hour to cure, then put on hair, leaving for 1-2 hours. The oils make it much more manageable and leave my hair so shiny.