CAD

CA$5.46

CA$6.32

Savings of: CA$0.86 (14% off)

The proof is in my skin, after 30 years.

Posted by 4808164230811864998 on Dec 11, 2015

I keep this soap handy, as I almost never bathe or wash my face with any other soap. I first found this bar at a local health food store, then at a chain. Now I don't find it there so I order online. It has kept my skin good, notably my face. People are constantly amazed at how good I look at the age of 73. Also, I do not get athletes foot when I use this soap...that is the reason I started using it, as it is non-alkaline so it allows normal skin defenses to work.

great facial cleanser

Posted by 5582762497253189188 on May 11, 2015

I tried this on my face for the fist time. I've been looking for a non-chemical cleanser to effectively remove my sunscreen (quite heavily applied) as well as the Neutrogena one does that I've been using to date. All saponified bar and liquid castille soaps really dry out and kind of burn my face, so I was pleasantly surprised that this one did not. It took a while to lather up enough suds and required warm water to do so, but once I had, it removed all of the physical sunscreen. This may have in part been due to the fact that my sunscreen was more moist than usual as I applied Hugo Naturals body butter under it first (was pleased this worked better under my sunscreen than sunscreen alone which is quite dry)Its Winter here btw..But so far it seems to be a good cleanser. A little drying only when I over-lather and scrub for a while to remove sunscreen but used as normal, is fine. I'll be trying the Real Purity body cleanser next, then the Acure body one (all on the face)and have purchased the lemon Dreamquest bar also which I think is exactly the same as this one so once all tried, I'll review..Edited: Actually this is a little drying if you use to excess but still good to remove make-up, dirt, sunscreen from the face.

Clears skin a bit drying

Posted by Carybear on Apr 05, 2015

man, I loved this bar...and then... After a week I started getting a bit dry around the nose n mouth. I was hoping I wouldnt need a moisturizer with the pH doing its thing. The pH is on point however, this is not as drying as castile or "craft" soaps. i dont like the fact the ingredients are not listed on the label and the company will not satisfy any inquiries as to what the ingredients might be, or even of what nature (coconut based etc) I think its just super old, rebatched detergent...rebatching is how they get the pH so low. I don't know, I like it and will keep using it. ***Update*** The soap *is* very drying. once a day max.

Best soap ever!

Posted by Reviewer3012837 on Apr 11, 2014

This soap is amazing I can use from head to toe! It can be a little drying when I use it on my face especially in colder months but other than that! This is all I have to take when traveling. I love it and will definitely continue to purchase.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS CLEANSING BAR

Posted by sharonhiulam on Apr 10, 2014

This is the ONLY cleansing bar that i have found (in iherb and elsewhere) which is not alkaline but instead is mildly acidic so as to protect the natural protective barrier on skin. The full list of ingredients is not shown, and probably it means it has some additives or colourants (the bar is sooo yellow) which make it not 100% natural like all other saponified oils soap - but i don't care! i usually insist to know the full list of ingredients for my skincare products, but my skin likes this cleansing bar so much that i will just continue using it no matter what. I use this cleansing bar as face soap and it cleans very well without drying out my sensitive facial skin, doesn't leave a squeaky waxy feeling on my face after washing off, and it very moisturising and soothing. One bat lasts a very long time - a lot longer than a regular natural soap bar of the same size. Please, please do not discontinue carrying this product. I am stocking up.

Not for acne nor for dry skin

Posted by nikolina on Apr 04, 2014

Soap has a beautiful structure and a wonderfull smell and I'm pretty pleased with it. However, it did not help with my acne (have washed my face with it for 3 months) and it does dry out a bit (but not like other soaps). It was still ok, especially for body and hair (hair is beautiful upon him!). I RECOMMEND for skin without problems, but I WON'T PURCHASE AGAIN 'couse I need something more suitable for acne prone skin! If you find my review in any way helpfull, please hit YES below my comment (where it says "Was this review helpful to you?"). Thank you!

THE SOAP DRIED ME LIKE A RAISIN!!

Posted by Reviewer2195851 on Feb 16, 2014

IT MADE MY DRY SKIN EVEN MORE DRYER!!!

Excelllent!

Posted by Reviewer1973966 on Mar 05, 2013

I love, love this soap for face, body and hair. I have been using it for years. It's the best soap ever, due to its pH being acidic to match skin pH. So it's not made with the alkali ingredients that most soaps are, which dry and/or irritate skin. I like its lemony scent, its good lathering ability and its excellent cleaning ability. As an aside, I use magnesium oil all over my body before bed and wash it off with my morning shower. Magnesium has an alkali pH and this is the only soap that washes it off in a flash, and believe me it is so necessary to wash it off. As far as I know, this is the only soap bar with an acidic pH and I will not use any other.

Love this soap for skin comfort it gives!

Posted by Reviewer29875314 on Jun 28, 2012

I liked this soap for: skin soothing, skin comfort, no tension, scent of childhood memories with caramel-vanilla-milk aroma. I used it for face and body. The bar lasts for truly very long time. Does not lather strongly, but this is not the quality feature for soap for my needs. I liked , that it has allantoin , the herbal agent, that is suitable for egzema, dermatitis affected skin. As I had severe allergy fluctuationg during period of one year, this soap was a real salvation for my almost "no skin" on my face, my neck and my hands.

The Best!

Posted by 5006421321767809237 on May 31, 2012

This is the best cleansing bar I have used, its organic and ph balanced. Doesn't dry out the skin or irritate it. Leaves my skin soft without any residue.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »