Now Foods, Acerola, 4:1 Concentrate Powder, 6 oz (170 g)

C$ 7.01

Best way to get vitamin C

Posted by Reviewer2664178 From New York on Apr 01, 2007

An excellent product, economical and effective. I prefer to get my supplements as food based, and find this to work well for me. I also dislike the tart taste of ascorbic acid, and find this to slightly fruity and very palatable.

Just okay!

Posted by Reviewer1333756 From Illinois on Dec 16, 2009

The taste is fine, but I bought it as kind of a nutritional boost for my kids juice. However, the consistency is very difficult to mix in. I do put it in the blender with smoothies, and that works. I haven't tried other companies, therefore I don't know if it's the Now brand or the product. I have yet to have a great experience with Now Foods.

Best brand of Vitamin C, lowers cholesterol

Posted by Reviewer2712994 From Indiana on Sep 08, 2009

Acerola is the best source of Vitamin C and this was the purest product I found that didn't have a lot of other fillers. I did a lot of research on lowering cholesterol and found out that humans are the only animals that don't produce vitamin C in our bodies. Cholesterol is a natural function of the body to heal cracks in arteries and veins. Vitamin C is beneficial in many ways and one is that it heals the cracks so the body doesn't have to use cholesterol. My cholesterol went down 70 points after I started using this. I put a little bit in a cup of water with each meal and sip through a straw. Very little taste, it's just that with anything I drink but water I use a straw to lessen contact with tooth enamel. It can cause diahrrhea after a meal if you use too much -- just cut down if it happens. It doesn't happen if you use probiotics, which I do.

No Negative Comments!

Posted by Reviewer2174202 From Great Britain on May 27, 2008

Blends perfecty and tastes like real acerola cherries. Excellent product and a great price.

Excellent product!

Posted by Reviewer2941234 From New Mexico on Feb 01, 2007

Great product and a great value. I add this to my "green drink" and finally I can see the results of added vitamin C over the tablets I was taking. There is a pleasant but barely perceptible taste. I LOVE this stuff!