CAD

CA$10.23

CA$16.07

Savings of: CA$5.84 (36% off)

Best brand of Vitamin C, lowers cholesterol

Posted by Reviewer2712994 on Sep 08, 2009

Acerola is the best source of Vitamin C and this was the purest product I found that didn't have a lot of other fillers. I did a lot of research on lowering cholesterol and found out that humans are the only animals that don't produce vitamin C in our bodies. Cholesterol is a natural function of the body to heal cracks in arteries and veins. Vitamin C is beneficial in many ways and one is that it heals the cracks so the body doesn't have to use cholesterol. My cholesterol went down 70 points after I started using this. I put a little bit in a cup of water with each meal and sip through a straw. Very little taste, it's just that with anything I drink but water I use a straw to lessen contact with tooth enamel. It can cause diahrrhea after a meal if you use too much -- just cut down if it happens. It doesn't happen if you use probiotics, which I do.

Best way to get vitamin C

Posted by Reviewer2664178 on Apr 01, 2007

An excellent product, economical and effective. I prefer to get my supplements as food based, and find this to work well for me. I also dislike the tart taste of ascorbic acid, and find this to slightly fruity and very palatable.

Just okay!

Posted by Reviewer1333756 on Dec 16, 2009

The taste is fine, but I bought it as kind of a nutritional boost for my kids juice. However, the consistency is very difficult to mix in. I do put it in the blender with smoothies, and that works. I haven't tried other companies, therefore I don't know if it's the Now brand or the product. I have yet to have a great experience with Now Foods.

No Negative Comments!

Posted by Reviewer2174202 on May 27, 2008

Blends perfecty and tastes like real acerola cherries. Excellent product and a great price.

Excellent product!

Posted by Reviewer2941234 on Feb 01, 2007

Great product and a great value. I add this to my "green drink" and finally I can see the results of added vitamin C over the tablets I was taking. There is a pleasant but barely perceptible taste. I LOVE this stuff!

Great product and awesome price!

Posted by morganwellinger on May 12, 2011

I bought this because it was for a great price. I mix it with the Collagen powder I bought because it is absorbed better with Vitamin C. I definitely notice the difference in my skin's moisture! The taste is fine too. It tastes like dull cherries. Not too exciting, but it isn't bad nonetheless. Would recommend to anyone looking for a good natural Vitamin C powder.

Another inferior product from Now Foods

Posted by pickier-than-thou on Feb 24, 2010

Looks like mud with some glitter particles and it's impossible to mix in (shaking leaves clumps). Also the caps don't fit tightly - apparently this manufacturer doesn't care much to preserve the product quality after taking your money on it. Health supplements are definitely not their thing, but their stuff pops up everywhere like spam and unfortunately their best ratings are on top by default. Probably most people don't care that much about quality but I for one would opt them out from my product searches if I could!

Great product

Posted by Reviewer3224165 on Dec 18, 2007

This is a healthy and natural replacement of a synthetic vitamin C that lacks most of the important component always coming in combination with vitamin C in nature.

Vitamin C

Posted by Reviewer2981997 on Oct 06, 2011

I add this here and there, yoghurt, smoothies etc. for extra energy. A teaspoonful easily melts into hot water and seems to ward off an approaching flu

LOve Acerola Powder

Posted by Reviewer3048290 on Apr 19, 2009

I get cold sores when I take regular vitamin C. This is great all the benefit no cold sores. Would buy it in a larger container if available.