July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Now Foods, Magnesium Citrate, 100% Pure Powder, 8 oz (227 g)

C$ 8.95

IBS sufferers: Attention!

Posted by Reviewer2635094 on Feb 25, 2008

I have been taking Magnesium Citrate for 3 years now. It has eliminated my chronic IBS symptoms nearly 100%. I was taking the 400 mg tablets until I found it in powdered form. I mix 1 teaspoon in grapefruit juice every morning. It's been a lifesaver for me. Betsy :)

Effective for my tinnitus

Posted by Reviewer1609615 on Dec 23, 2007

As one who is winning against Candida overgrowth, one of my symptoms has been tinnitus (ringing in the ears). Candida can prevent absorption of magnesium, thus resulting in tinnitus. This product is vastly superior to other forms of magnesium (i.e., magnesium oxide) in terms of absorption and bioavailability. My tinnitus has subsided significantly since taking this product. I highly recommend it.

Connie

Posted by Reviewer1869218 on Jan 11, 2008

The powder magnesium is great! I was taking the pills but,because I take 500 mgs a day I had to try and remember to take them with the powder I put it in water and only have to take it first thing in the morning with breakfast. I use it because I have migraines and with the magnesium I find I rarely ever get them now.

Works well

Posted by ZlatinVal on Aug 19, 2012

I replenish the magnesium stores of my grand parents with this product. They can't take magnesium tablets or capsules which are usually huge even if you split them. Now after two bottles of this powder they have more energy and restful sleep.

Great form of this important mineral

Posted by Reviewer1355153 on Oct 04, 2008

This product is probably a safer choice than taking laxatives, especially the "polymer" based ones. Magnesium itself is important for health; it's hard to get in food. The cheap oxide form is poorly absorbed. Not the FDA, but the Office of Dietary Supplements writes about its role (Google 'magnesium health' without the '): An observational study examined the effect of various nutritional factors on incidence of high blood pressure in over 30,000 US male health professionals. After four years of follow-up, it was found that a lower risk of hypertension was associated with dietary patterns that provided more magnesium, potassium, and dietary fiber [37]. For 6 years, the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) Study followed approximately 8,000 men and women who were initially free of hypertension. In this study, the risk of developing hypertension decreased as dietary magnesium intake increased in women, but not in men [38].