Now Foods, Solutions, Xyli-White Toothpaste Gel, Fluoride Free, Refreshmint, 6.4 oz (181 g)

C$ 4.20
Reviews 1-star

This Contains Carrageenan: A very common, but Dangerous Additive

Posted by Reviewer2981204 From Florida on Oct 20, 2012

I'm not so sure if using this Toothpaste Gel is safe after viewing this website.I like to know what you people think about it. I'm gonna just go with another Toothpaste until i feel Now Foods can convince me this is safe enough. http://blog.charisholisticcenter.com/2010/07/28/read-your-labels-carrageenan-a-very-common-but-dangerous-additive.aspx Dr. Ray Peat, PhD, It has been found to cause colitis(inflammation of the large intestine/colon) and anaphylaxis (life threatening allergic reaction) in humans. Dr. Andrew Weil says, “Carrageenan can cause ulcerations and cancers of the gastrointestinal tract.” Just because seaweed is natural - does not mean it is a healthy food for human beings. The red seaweed from which carrageenan has been derived from - should be avoided. It isn’t worth the possibility of gastrointestinal disease or cancer

Poor product!

Posted by Reviewertommi From Finland on Aug 16, 2010

I have used it only one week, but whole mouth smells and i cant eat anything cold or warm now, it wont wash teeth clean as it should, poor quolity!

not worth it

Posted by Reviewer2039217 From Georgia on Sep 21, 2010

been using this now for a few weeks. It is not worth the money. About 30mins after brushing i can feel buildup on my teeth. By the end of the day there is so much build up and i can scratch it off with my finger nails. very gross! And i don't see any difference in the color/shade of my teeth. Also, does not give you very fresh breath. After lunch my breath smells stale. However, with the bad flouride toothpaste i don't have that problem.

I cant use

Posted by Reviewer1158376 From Brazil on Feb 13, 2012

I cant use, the taste is very bad. appears to be pure sodium bicarbonate

Ugh!

Posted by Reviewer1611426 From Utah on Apr 15, 2012

After reading many of the reviews, I believed this product would be great, or at least, better than what I was using. Wrong! After two weeks of use I had sensitive, bloody gums, and a strong feeling that my teeth were not getting really clean. Checking the ingredients on the label reveals that the supposed whitener, papain, is second from the bottom of the list. In other words, next to nothing. IF this works for you, congrats, but for me a complete waste of money, leaving my teeth and gums worse for the use.