CAD

CA$16.03

CA$19.23

Savings of: CA$3.20 (17% off)

• Reviews | English

After my second bag , my third bag came with a shock (see my price update info towards the end)

Posted by Reviewer1548715 on Sep 08, 2013

It doesn't upset my stomach like flax seed did. It's a tasty alternative to raw wheat germ. It's very hard to isolate individual benefits from eating chia seed, so I just consider it part of a healthy diet and let it go at that. There are no magic bullets. A healthy immune system working at peak efficiency is the magic bullet. Work to improve your immunity, the rest will take care of itself. 4/12/13 - Price and Quantity update: Big disappointment to notice that Nutiva has DECREASED the size of its product from 14 oz. to 12 oz., but is still charging the same for two ounces less, which means we are all paying a whopping price increase. Therefore they lost three rating stars for being $neaky about upping the price.

Great product!

Posted by Reviewer2062347 on Jul 18, 2011

This is my third ordering of this product. The quality is exellent! I use the gel (1 part chia 6 part fluid of choise, shake in blender bottle or empty jar glas, shake now and then for 15 minutes) for weight control (two tsp before meals), and it really works. It makes me full, and keep the bloodsugar stabile. I highly recommend this product.

Tasty and healthy food

Posted by FancyBeauty on Aug 31, 2012

I leave to soak the seeds in water over night and the next day use to make the puddings. So rich in antioxidants and Ca which are so necessary for normal development and functioning of the musculoskeletal system of children, athletes, and also to prevent osteoporosis. Семена богаты антиоксидантами и особенно Кальцием, который так необходим для нормального развития и функционирования костно-мышечной системы у детей, спортсменов, для предотвращения остеопороза

Ancient Aztecs' best kept secret.

Posted by Leione on Apr 20, 2014

Chia seeds are truly a superfood. One ounce (about two tablespoons) of chia seeds provides a whopping 11 grams of fiber (45% of the recommended daily intake), 14% of the recommended daily intake of iron, 18% of calcium, 24% of magnesium, 27% of phosphorus, 30% of manganese 14% of zinc, not to mention that they're naturally gluten free and suitable for people suffering from gluten intolerance and celiac disease. But that's not all: chia seeds are one of the best vegetable sources of protein (one ounce provides 7 grams, 10% of the RDI) and vitamins B1, B2, B3 (about 20% of the RDI in one ounce) and the richest vegetable source of omega-3 fatty acids (5 grams in one ounce, the RDI is 3-4 grams), and unlike flaxseeds, they can be eaten whole and don't need to be ground. It comes as no surprise that chia seeds are packed with health benefits and can help people suffering from diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, obesity, heart disease, gastritis, acid reflux, nausea, indigestion, osteoporosis, arthritis, rheumatism and many other diseases and conditions: they stabilize blood sugar, regulate insulin levels and prevent blood spikes keeping you full longer, aid digestion, prevent heartburn and acid reflux, increase appetite, soothe the stomach lining, reduce colon inflammation, normalize blood pressure, lower triglycerides and LDL or "bad" cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or "good" cholesterol, protect against strokes, atherosclerosis and peripheral arterial disease, help maintain healthy bones and teeth. I'm in love with chia seeds. They normalize my cholesterol and blood pressure, help my acid reflux and gastritis and keep me full for a long time stabilizing my blood sugar. I add them everywhere: from oatmeal and cereal to different recipes. When soaked for a few minutes, chia seeds develop a gelatinous coating and produce a nutritious and almost tasteless gel which is a great cholesterol free binding agent that can be used instead of eggs and won't affect the flavor of any food. One of the best products on iHerb, hands down.

Chia seed

Posted by Reviewer1926768 on Jul 31, 2011

Nutiva chia seed is great for high blood pressure i.e. it helps to bring down my pressure to a healthier level.

good

Posted by Elena1280324 on Jun 30, 2012

Good product for those who watches the food and weight. Clears intestines, improves digestion. I like an unusual direction of use. Economically. The best price.

Perfect

Posted by khi-73 on May 26, 2011

Great in turkish yoghurt for a snack or breakfast. Mix with some raspberries and hempseeds.

Nutiva, Organic Chia Seed, 14 oz (400 g)

Posted by opheart on Mar 15, 2012

When I ordered it, I didn't know, what is chia seed. I thought, that I would sprout it. But it's too small, a little bigger, than poppyseed. So I had no courage to risk and now use it unsprouted. In smoothies, pie fillings etc. - it's great. But the next time I would buy grounded chia seed.

Recommend

Posted by Reviewer2259083 on Jul 23, 2011

Very satisfied with this product. Well packed and tasty. I feel the effects from the quality source of omega 3. My sleep is much more peaceful.

Chia Seed

Posted by Reviewer3035907 on Jan 06, 2011

So far, so good. Order arrived quickly. Seeds easy to eat after soaking in water.