CAD

CA$36.28

CA$67.19

Savings of: CA$30.91 (46% off)

Not For My Sensitive System

Posted by Reviewer2814708 on Mar 23, 2014

I purchased this product with the hope that it would help relieve ongoing arthritis pain in my joints. As an added benefit, I also hoped it would even out my mood, which tends toward depression. While I do use other vitamin/mineral supplements by Source Naturals and believe this product to be of the highest quality, I had several adverse reactions on the very small dose of just 200mg a day. I took the product for nearly 3 weeks, but after the second week I began experiencing gastrointestinal irritation (rumbling, churning stomach) along with nausea, sweating, anxiety and a racing heart rate. As I always research supplements thoroughly before taking a new one, I was aware that these were possible side affects - some which could indicate other, more serious problems, such as Serotonin Syndrome. I have since discontinued using the product as it seems even the lowest dose is too strong for my body and all the symptoms have since subsided. So I would certainly caution anyone trying this product for the first time, to read up on it and make an informed decision. I do have to say that in the first couple weeks, when all was going well, I did notice at first, experiencing a calmer mood. I did not however notice any change in my arthritis pain.

I think it works

Posted by Reviewer2137328 on Sep 05, 2013

I can tell more when I DON'T take my SAMe than when I do. It certainly keeps me more productive when I may otherwise not feel like doing a dang thing. If you need that extra boost, I recommend this product. I've tried a few brands & prefer this one.

made me irritable and angry

Posted by Reviewer3085712 on Aug 09, 2013

Wow! Did not expect to have side effects with this product! My brother recommended that I try this for my arthritis. After a couple days, I started feeling very irritable and angry. Even my dogs noticed the change in my behavior. I quit taking it and went back to normal by the next day. I must be really sensitive to the CNS effects of SAMe. SSRI antidepressants had the same effect on me, also. Just be aware of the potential for unexpected effects.

Excellent so far

Posted by Reviewer1523405 on Oct 21, 2011

My son has A.S. so these have been found to elevate mood naturally. I am using in conjunction with B12 and N.A.C. So far there has been an uplifting of mood, and less stress. Love they are all naturally as will never use synthetic drugs on my kid.I have introduced gently as these can have adverse effects if too much.

pain relief

Posted by Reviewer2471485 on Oct 04, 2011

I started taking this for relief for my fibromyalgia pain and I've been used for about 3 months now. Once in the morning before I eat anything and I can feel the effects nearly all day. If I'm having a bad day I'll double the dose.

OK

Posted by Reviewer2039027 on Feb 04, 2010

OK

Convenient and no refrigeration needed

Posted by Reviewer2852247 on Dec 14, 2009

Our daughter-in-law had a brand she had to keep in the frig. and she was pleased to find out about this.

Recommended to my sister

Posted by Reviewer2511279 on May 18, 2009

I began taking this product and felt a difference within a few days. I have a very stressful job teaching at risk high school students. I feel as if the Sam-e has helped me to handle stressful situations better. It brings calmness and clarity. I recommended this to my sister and she too has felt the benefits. It is a subtle change but you do feel its effects.

I notice a difference

Posted by Reviewer3304945 on Apr 14, 2009

Great mood support. Highly recommend.

Source Naturals SAMe

Posted by Reviewer1111905 on Dec 04, 2008

SAMe is helping me fight seasonal affective disorder.