CAD

CA$2.60

CA$3.94

Savings of: CA$1.34 (34% off)

Be Very cautious, take it from a medical professional that researches!

Posted by Reviewer2482060 on Mar 16, 2012

If you would have asked me about this product 6 months ago, I would have given it 5 stars. It puts you to sleep like a baby and you will remember your dreams. I loved that part of this supplement. I even requested that my husband get off prozac, as you can't take with most anti depressants. At first, he too slept well and had bountiful energy. After a few months, I noted that he was very angry all the time and he said the same about me. I even purchased a book solely dedicated to 5htp and read a lot but not all of the book. My husband finally went off the 5htp for 2 months, while I increased my dose from night time only, to a morning dose as well. I was furious with the world. I hated. I actually felt hate in my heart. My husband tried it once more last night and this morning. He came home from work early because he was so angry he wanted to tell everyone off and felt that if he did not come home he would explode and say or do something that was not him, then he remembered he had added the 5htp. Needless to say, no more 5htp unless, I just can't fall asleep, knowing that the next day I will be angry

no no no

Posted by Reviewer2218574 on Mar 05, 2012

I tired this 2 days in a row, first night I couldn't sleep and I do sleep well normally, so as I'm a sucker I tried it the next day and couldn't sleep that night either. The third day I didn't take it and I slept 10 1/2 hrs straight through. Judge for yourself but I love my sleep so these are going in the bin.

Nice Product

Posted by Reviewer2186607 on Jan 28, 2012

Works to keep you alert, and make your thinking clearer, but you do have to take this with Vit C & B complex - if you don't - it will not work as well (it turns into serotonin in your intestines and doesn't get all of it through to the bloodstream to make it to the brain to help balance the neurotransmitters there). Will buy 5-HTP product again - not sure if it will be this brand - but also would spread it out over the day - 50mg in the mid morning and 50mg mid evening.

Very Relaxing, but Proceed with Caution

Posted by HawaiianViking on Oct 24, 2012

Within two hours of taking 100mg of Doctor's Best, Best 5-HTP I was feeling very relaxed, something like how I feel after yoga or a massage. I slept well that first night, except for strangely intense and sometimes disturbing dreams. Several days on and I haven't noticed a greatly elevated mood, but I do feel very relaxed without feeling drowsy. Depression — of the type caused by brain chemistry — can be a result of a defecit of the neurotransmitters Dopamine, Norepinephrine, and Serotonin. Since 5-HTP works by stimulating the human body's own production of Serotonin, I think that a person must have depressed levels of Serotonin in order for this product to make much difference in their overall quality of life, since depression can involve other neurotransmitters. To those who already take prescription anti-depressants: Please be careful! Consult with your medical professional, since 5-HTP — together with SSRIs — can create dangerous levels of Serotonin in the brain and cause Serotonin Syndrome.

Helps Ease Anxiety and OCD Thoughts and Rituals

Posted by rabbit on Aug 16, 2012

I've taken 5-HTP for years and it has greatly improved my quality of life. It cured my insomnia and I am now able to sleep through the night. It has helped immensely in lessening my depression. It also helps ease anxiety as well as OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder) thoughts and rituals. In some ways, it works immediately - The first time that I took 5-HTP, in about 30 minutes, I felt euphoric - happy, relaxed, and sleepy. I slept through the night, and still do. It was a relief to know that it worked that fast. It takes maybe three to four weeks to notice more permanent changes in mood, like an all-day improvement in depression, instead of the immediate effect that it has after you take it because it is leveling out the seratonin/melatonin levels in the brain. It has been compared to traditional anti-depressants, with relatively no side effects. For a week or two, you may have intense and vivid dreams. I also had increased headaches for the first week or two, but after that it significantly reduced my migraines. I take only one capsule (100 mg) a day at night before bed. (The recommended time to take it is about a half hour to an hour before bedtime.) If you have depression, insomnia, migraines, anxiety, and/or OCD, I fully recommend 5-HTP because it has done wonders for me.

Seems like it works

Posted by jasmine on Oct 07, 2012

It seems to me that my nervousness and tension decreased since I've taken 5-HTP. However, I also take Source Naturals NutraSleep at bed time, because 5-HTP doesn't help me to get deep enough sleep. RU Кажется, эта штука работает. Во всяком случае, мне кажется, будто я меньше психую, когда принимаю это средство. Правда, проблемы со сном оно мне не решило, поэтому на ночь я принимаю NutraSleep от Source Naturals.

Exelent product

Posted by RomStayn on Feb 16, 2013

excellent lowers appetite

Quality Product

Posted by SherryB on Aug 23, 2012

I use 5-HTP to help with sleep. This is a solid product and a good price. It helps to take it an hour before going to bed. If you have lots of stress and anxiety though, it is best to deal with those directly as 5-HTP won't be a wonder supplement for sleep. It is a helper supplement along with learning to deal with stress, anxiety, depression and any underlying issues with your sleep.

very good

Posted by Reviewer2117901 on Mar 07, 2012

was very surpriced how mutch different i feelt while taking these, better mood, good sleep like this alot.

Instant constipation cure!

Posted by Reviewer2624820 on Jan 20, 2012

5htp cured my constipation overnight!! most serotonin is produced in your gut and responsible for peristalsis... it appears i was deficient in it! now am much more regular thanks to 5htp! Better mood too... ( who wouldnt when they have free bowels!)