CAD

Delicious, But a Little Too High In Sugar Compared To The Old Bar (60% vs 70%)

Posted by Reviewer2261819 on Dec 01, 2012

This is a very tasty bar, but contains a little more sugar than I might like. At 30 grams of sugar per 80 grams, this equates to more than 2 Tbsp of sugar per bar. While I love the fact that Alter Eco uses whole, unrefined cane sugar to sweeten their bars, that is a little more sugar than I like to consume at any one sitting. Delicious, but to be consumed in moderation. Still. With such a high fat and fiber content, it is still pretty blood sugar friendly. That is good. :-)

Very good

Posted by Reviewer3250353 on Oct 26, 2013

This is probably my fave iHerb chocolate. The crunchy cocoa nibs are fabulous, and they make this less sweet.

Good chocolate

Posted by odereviews on Jan 03, 2014

Alter Eco chocolates are nice. Taste is always good, and the packages has nice retro feel. Products are organic too.

Soy free!!!

Posted by 5732847478843060708 on Mar 20, 2014

taste great..... and no soy lecithin!!! . I do have one problem though..... I wish it were bigger!

Good Dark Chocolate

Posted by Reviewer1483007 on Dec 17, 2014

This Alter Eco Dark Cacao bar is probably my second favorite of the Alter Eco varieties. As I've indicated elsewhere, I really like the Dark Blackout chocolate bar; it is my favorite.

Not for me..

Posted by 5341986706461993106 on Aug 02, 2016

sharp and pungent flavor. Testing One other brand ☺

My favourite chocolate!

Posted by 5343389782994357803 on Aug 22, 2016

Mmmmm, I love this stuff! Smooth organic, fair-trade chocolate with crunchy cacao nibs. What more could you want?

so good!

Posted by 4931205870739192849 on Mar 27, 2015

tasty

Excellent chocolate

Posted by Reviewer3257094 on Apr 09, 2015

This chocolate is wonderful. With small bits of crunchy cocoa beans, not overly sweet. The only issue is the size versus price, but you can't expect such an high quality product to be cheap.

Delicious

Posted by 5307684609173277484 on Jun 06, 2016

This is seriously good chocolate of highest quality. The cacao nibs are crunchy and yummy. My only criticism is that I would like the cacao nibs in the chocolate to be NOT roasted. Roasting cacao nibs kills lots of antioxidants and other very beneficial nutrients raw cacao nibs have. At the moment Alter Eco adds roasted cacao nibs to the chocolate bar.

1 2