CAD

Great for making soothing chamomile tea.

Posted by Caerulea on May 10, 2014

These German chamomile flowers are organic, non-irradiated, and perfect for making chamomile tea, one of the best natural sleep aids and stress relievers, capable of reducing anxiety and helping you calm down, fall asleep faster and get a good night’s rest. But that's not the only thing that chamomile tea is great for. Rich in manganese, copper, iron, magnesium, zinc, thiamin, riboflavin, folic acid, vitamin A, tannins, antioxidants and flavonoids, it can help people suffering from morning sickness, nausea, cardiovascular conditions, anemia, hypertension, headache, gluten intolerance and celiac disease, diabetes, leg cramps, arthritis, rheumatism, water retention, gallstones and gallbladder disease, IBS, asthma, colds, flues, asthma, gingivitis, canker sores and gum disease, acne, sunburn, eczema, psoriasis, as well as other conditions. It flushes toxins out of the body, aids digestion, prevents heartburn and acid reflux, relieves nausea and bloating, increases appetite, heals gastric ulcers, soothes the stomach lining, reduces colon inflammation, facilitates healing, boosts the immune system, relieves menstrual cramps, helps stabilize blood sugar and regulate insulin levels, normalizes blood pressure, lowers triglycerides and LDL or "bad" cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or "good" cholesterol, protects against strokes, atherosclerosis and peripheral arterial disease, soothes and heals dry and damaged skin. In addition to all this, chamomile tea has no known side effects or contraindications. It can also be applied topically to heal wounds, scars, bruises, cuts, burns, rashes and acne-affected areas of your skin. A chamomile face mask or scrub improves the complexion, brightens and evens out skin tone, reduces redness, spots, blotchiness and small lines, helps break down old scar tissue and prevent premature aging. It's a great product and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to improve their overall health and well-being.

The real thing

Posted by Reviewer1036965 on Aug 10, 2012

Huge bag, organic real chamomile, great product just put a teaspoon in the pot and cover for a few minutes.. lovely healthy organic drink.. Drink it before bed time good for nerves, stomach, or just during the day.. highly recommend it..

very good

Posted by 5391345627152248552 on Oct 23, 2012

worth every penny. huge quantity with superb quality. i had problems with falling asleep and making tea with this makes my head very relaxed and it is great.

so aromatic and relaxing

Posted by 4698104193178228336 on May 25, 2015

Originally, we purchased this to make tea (or homemade "gripe water") for our infant son who had digestive upsets. It worked wonders for his reflux, mood, and sleep, using it nightly for a couple months, and as-needed (rare!) ever since. With so much in the house, everyone enjoyed the relaxing benefits. The taste, aroma, and price exceed any chamomile we've seen on store shelves. As our son grows, we expect he may enjoy this tea again to calm him before bed on more restless evenings. We sweeten with organic agave nectar for him, as honey is discouraged for infants. We'll certainly keep this in stock.

Lovely scent and taste

Posted by 4780771279391202816 on Aug 28, 2015

I use these for teas, hair rinse and facial mist. Works well and smells great.

perfect

Posted by Korutherapy on Aug 03, 2016

use this is a sleeping mix tea: 3 parts chamomile together with one parts : yarrow, catnip, peppermint skullcap. you will have a peaceful sleep.

a very big bag

Posted by 4886782019467435016 on Aug 05, 2016

It's huge! I can use it as tea or as chamomile oil now

Great product for low price

Posted by 5719835192785690266 on Aug 08, 2016

I use the dries chamomille flowers for teas, lemonades and inhalation. I'm German and when I caught a cold as a child my mom would boil water, throw some dried chamomille in the hot water and let me sit with my head over the bowl, covered by a towel. It doesn't really work with teabags, so I'm really happy I found this product after moving to the US. The chamomille is flavorful and the bag contains almost a 100% flowers and just a tiny amount of leaves/stems. I will buy this again once I'm out.

Lower Quality Chamomile

Posted by 5247998140109421892 on Sep 06, 2016

There are individual flowers in the 16oz bag of chamomile that this product comes in. So far I'm pleased with the product but it lacks the distinctive sweet smell of high quality chamomile. When I steeped this tea, it quickly goes bitter if I go beyond a minute steep time. This is true of most chamomiles certainly, but rather than the characteristic sweetness of chamomile, it overwhelmingly showcases the negative features of chamomile. And don't ever try to resteep a forgotten pot of once brewed chamomile. It will taste like socks. I've tried Chamomile from Adagio Teas that I liked a lot better, but my favorite has been pricier chamomiles from French import tea companies like Brise. There's a lovely sweetness that emanates from the flowers even before steeping and that's what chamomile tea ought to be like.

Average

Posted by Reviewer1139979 on Nov 06, 2011

With the loose tea I got from another brand from Italy, I can have 2 to 3 pots of great tasting tea using a few tea spoons of the flowers. With this brand, I can only get one cup of very mild camomile flavour. I regret buying the whole pound now! don't really know what to do with so much camomile flowers. The only upside is the bargain price and the fact that it's organic.

1 2 3 4