Help

Perfect grind for making gluten free bread

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 01, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Packaged well in individual bags in a heavy duty box. Makes a good addition to my all purpose gluten free flour mix. I make bread with The AP flour mix. As with all my ingredients I store in mason jars that has all the air removed to keep them clean and dry.

Yummy Millet!

Posted by herbalicious on Nov 05, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I really like this product! It is great for making a nutritional porridge or for using instead of rice. Love it!!

Breakfast and beyond

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 17, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I like to rotate my grains and always feel best starting my day with a smooothie and some hot cereal. I cook in water with raisins and butter, sweeten a little with honey or agave and add ground seeds and some type of milk.

Delish

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 10, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Wow, is millet delicious. I am gluten intolerant and miss couscous. This to me, tastes almost exactly like couscous. Great purchase.

Fresh, Delicious, Cooks Fast.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 14, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Bob knows what he's doing. Fresh, wholesome, energy-giving nutty goodness. I think this one cooks faster than other brands, in 35-45 min, maybe because it's fresher. I've had to cook other brands for over an hour.

Good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 04, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Good quality! But price increase a lot when I want to re-order, then stop!

a good alternative to wheat

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 05, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Millet is a good alternative to wheat. I also like to use it in the place of rice or buckwheat groats or quinoa. It's just not my favorite (personal taste) but it has good health benefits, so I'm willing to eat it.

Gluten-Free? I Don't Think So~

Posted by JJ2007 on Oct 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Anytime I go out on a limb to try new whole-grains, I always have to remind myself to be aware of potential gluten-based dietary issues which may arise with the inclusion of the new whole-grain source. Such was the case with the 'Gluten-Free Millet Seed', which I recently purchased at iHerb.com. While it may be an ancient grain from the continent of Asia, it did give me a whopping reaction to it--with bronchitis, as well as a dry cough. Never again! The rest of these bags of 'ancient grains' will go into the bird feeders to feed my chipmunks and feathered friends. All of my local wild creatures adore millet seeds and will enjoy this offering of millet without complaint or injury! Unfortunately for me, I wasn't as lucky. It may stipulate 'Gluten-Free' on the label, but my body systems totally disagreed!

A hit at my home!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 12, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I'm kind of a health nut and for some reason haven't really tried millet before. I didn't make it right the first time somehow and it turned into a pot of (firm) mush. My daughter tasted it anyway and said it tasted like corn to her, so I looked up millet polenta and sure enough there were recipes! I added spices, shaped it in a pan, brushed on some olive oil and paprika, and baked it a short while. Cut it into bars and served it at my Sabbath table. It was a hit (looked like a kugel for those of you who know what that is). We check everything before we cook with it for bugs or stones and this was very clean. I'm a fan of Bob's Red Mill and this product adds to my trust. Ordering again!

Good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 30, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I cook with rice