Cooking with it is fine, but tasting it raw makes me wanna puke

Posted by SavoringLife on November 27 2013 | Verified Purchase

If you eat it raw, it tastes absolutely gross. Like cooking or machine oil (not that I have tasted the latter :p) If you cook with it, it is alright. Can't taste the coconut though. However, the smell when you open the bottle is definitely coconut. Since I have friends who swear raw coconut oil tastes heavenly, it's either this brand or my taste buds. I trust my taste buds more.

Smells mild fresh coconut

Posted by TessTess on February 16 2016 | Verified Purchase

TASTE: Just fresh coconut. I don’t know why but Nutiva does solidify quicker in the same room temperature. TEXTURE: Smooth and oily. PRICE: Great! Value for money for a huge tub. SMELL: Mild fresh coconut. I’d prefer Nutiva because it has stronger coconut smell. Healthy Origins is probably better for frying vegetables if you don’t want your vegetables to smell coconut.

This is unused.I want to use it for skincare.

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 27 2014 | Verified Purchase

I can use it without reserve.I am looking forward to good results.

Decent product

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 10 2015 | Verified Purchase

Used to buy this, but the price has really gone up!

Good value

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 11 2015 | Verified Purchase

Value for money

Not the Best Texture

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 14 2014 | Verified Purchase

I tried this coconut oil due to the good value of quantity for the price. However, I find the texture to be very grainy. I use it primarily for oil pulling so that texture takes a bit of "chewing" before it melts down to a liquid. It doesn't seem too bad in smoothies though so I suppose it wouldn't matter much if you aren't dealing with the texture. It does have a fresh, coconut scent but not too heavy.

It doesn't solidify when it gets cold?

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 6 2014 | Verified Purchase

I'm a little sceptical because it doesn't harden when the temperature drops as have all other brands. Don't know if this is good or bad. Anyone know?

coconut oil

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 23 2017 | Verified Purchase

Healthy Origins Coconut Oil

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 15 2017 | Verified Purchase

This coconut oil does not have the usual fragrance nor viscosity