Effective

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 24, 2014 | Verified Purchase

My son has used No-Fenol for about 8 years now to help with salicylate intolerance. He takes a capsule or chewable with each meal or snack containing sals. Without the No-Fenol, he gets black circles around his eyes and he clearly feels bad--after doing a food elimination (following "Fed Up") and challenging with sals, he said he felt as though a heavy grey weight had settled on him. Sals make him aggressive and much less compliant, and he doesn't sleep as well. With No-Fenol he seems to be able to eat as much salicylate as he wants to. As he's gotten older (now 14) his threshold or tolerance has also increased. He sometimes forgets to take the NF, and as long as it's just once or twice in a day (he's a huge fruit grazer) he's OK. He misses more than that and we start to see the dark rings around his eyes and see him get more grumpy. One star off for the current taste of these chewables (with stevia and isomaltose). He's not keen on it and prefers to swallow them with water. The previous formulation tasted much better--more fruity, and no stevia aftertaste. Still, a really great product.

Allows my son to eat salicylates

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 25, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Excellent, my son is intolerant to salicylates and can have berries, spices and kale with this product.

No fenol

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 10, 2016 | Verified Purchase

We give it for salicylate sensitivity. And I fit rate the dose to the level of sals in the foods. Works well. But I find sometimes it's like it doesn't last long enough cos she has a small reaction after a little while. But if I give her another one or two it fixes it.

Well worth the money

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 01, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Absolutely fantastic. This has allowed me eat some of the foods that I have had to avoid for the past few years. I still try to remain on the low to moderate of the phenol side of things but this has opened up more options to me. I take this along with digestive enzymes and molybdenum. May be over kill but it's working.

Good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 16, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Additional support for salicylate sensitivity - not good enough to stop effect of sals, but does take the edge off. Tastes nice :-)