Quality concerns

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 28, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this for the past few months and have been very pleased with the quality until the recent tub I received about 10 days or so back. Noticed some very tiny white / silver specs in the powder which don't quite look "native acai" to me. Emailed iherb offering to mail this back for a replacement. Iherb was super responsive and credited my account right away. Interestingly the email back also suggested that this not be ordered again. Not sure if there are quality concerns and so do keep an eye out.

Surprisingly bad batch

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 16, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I bought 2 containers of this awhile ago, and just never could bring myself to finish even the first container! It tasted rancid from the beginning, even though I always stored it in the refrigerator due to the fat content. I am very disappointed, because I have bought it in the past, and it was fine. I really hoped I could have gotten my money back, even though I waited long enough to make sure it was really bad, and not just my imagination. It still had another WHOLE year before expiration when I called to ask to return it and get refunded, Iherb refused to help me due to the time frame allowed for returns being expired. One should be allowed much more time for returning something like this that gets rancid looong before the expiration date, even though the normal return time has expired. Food like this should be an exception! I will never buy this again.

One word, BAD!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 14, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I'm very disappointed with this product, had high hopes for it What can I say? The powder was hard to dissolve, blend taste, grainy texture It caused my eyes to itch and small pimples appeared from my face the day I took it Now I have to waste money on a useless product Don't buy it

Simply delicious

Posted by djsoma on May 05, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I have never tasted fresh acai so I cannot compare, but on it's own this freeze-dried powder is really delicious and has a nice texture to feel. I just put it straight to my mouth and it kinda melts away with fresh taste. No complaints about this product.

Nice taste and texture

Posted by PavelP on May 29, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I liked it's taste and texture. Not sure though about its antioxidant properties since it's been dried with high temperature and probably denatured.

Awful product! tastes artificial

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 01, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Great disappointment. I used to buy organic ACAI powder from the UK Wholefoodsonline store - always great quality. That powder smelled and tasted like acai. This one is coarse grinded, color more brown than violet, tastes like some grains, bread or butter. Can't describe but it's so awful that it spoilt my whole 600 ml smoothie. I'm very upset with this purchase really.

Do not buy!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 19, 2017 | Verified Purchase

This product smells rancid and tastes even worse! Makes me really wonder if it really is acai!

Not crazy about the taste...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 15, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Taste-wise, it's a little "green". Doesn't taste berry-like but I haven't eaten a fresh acai berry before so maybe that's the way it is. Not crazy about the taste but it's edible. A little honey improves it. This product has very poor solubility; it's really grainy as what other reviewers have mentioned. I tried putting it through a shaker, used warm water, stirred like crazy, doesn't help. I don't have a blender on hand, so didn't try that. The final verdict is: if you are particular about taste & texture, forget about this product else hide this in yoghurt or blend it in a smoothie. I don't think it will dissolve in juice either and having sandy bits in a drink is a turnoff.

Rash Alert

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 16, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I developed a very itchy rash on my arms and swelling and tiny pimples over my face after my second dose of this product and have since found a forum about how this is happening to many people. I have never had an allergic reaction to anything before so I don't think you have to be suseptable to allergic reactions to need to be cautious. Please be warned to only buy a small amount to trial it.

Madre Labs, Simply Acai Organic Powder, 8 oz

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 27, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This came to me smelling very rancid. I'm not sure if it's the container or what, but it's so bad that I just can't force myself to consume it and have to throw it away.