Help

Ancient Aztecs' best kept secret.

Posted by Leione on Apr 29, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Chia seeds are truly a superfood. One ounce (about two tablespoons) of chia seeds provides a whopping 11 grams of fiber (45% of the recommended daily intake), 14% of the recommended daily intake of iron, 18% of calcium, 24% of magnesium, 27% of phosphorus, 30% of manganese 14% of zinc, not to mention that they're naturally gluten free and suitable for people suffering from gluten intolerance and celiac disease. But that's not all: chia seeds are one of the best vegetable sources of protein (one ounce provides 7 grams, 10% of the RDI) and vitamins B1, B2, B3 (about 20% of the RDI in one ounce) and the richest vegetable source of omega-3 fatty acids (5 grams in one ounce, the RDI is 3-4 grams), and unlike flaxseeds, they can be eaten whole and don't need to be ground. It comes as no surprise that chia seeds are packed with health benefits and can help people suffering from diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, obesity, heart disease, gastritis, acid reflux, nausea, indigestion, osteoporosis, arthritis, rheumatism and many other diseases and conditions: they stabilize blood sugar, regulate insulin levels and prevent blood spikes keeping you full longer, aid digestion, prevent heartburn and acid reflux, increase appetite, soothe the stomach lining, reduce colon inflammation, normalize blood pressure, lower triglycerides and LDL or "bad" cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or "good" cholesterol, protect against strokes, atherosclerosis and peripheral arterial disease, help maintain healthy bones and teeth. I'm in love with chia seeds. They normalize my cholesterol and blood pressure, help my acid reflux and gastritis and keep me full for a long time stabilizing my blood sugar. I add them everywhere: from oatmeal and cereal to different recipes. When soaked for a few minutes, chia seeds develop a gelatinous coating and produce a nutritious and almost tasteless gel which is a great cholesterol free binding agent that can be used instead of eggs and won't affect the flavor of any food. One of the best products on iHerb, hands down.

A staple in my pantry

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 27, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I like to add a big spoon of this to my breakfast or yogurt -- sustaining, and helps regulate my GI system. Amazing seeds. I learned about chia seeds from the book, "Born to Run," about the Tarahumura tribe, who subsist on these seeds during marathons.

Discovery of the Century!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 27, 2015 | Verified Purchase

When I found out I was pregnant with my first child, I read in a baby magazine about the wonderful health benefits of Chia seeds. They are packed with Omega-3 fatty acids, and because healthy brain function is nurtured by Omega-3 fatty acids, I wanted to supplement my diet with something other than fish oil pills that can pack a fairly unpleasant aftertaste. These seeds are so tiny, and so flavorless, that you can mix them into cereal, or even juice, without ever realizing you have consumed them. I have also found that adding these seeds to my breakfast keeps me fuller longer. Chia seeds are more convenient than flax seeds, and a pound of them, costing around $12 (depending on the seller), lasts a few months. If you want to avoid the potential unpleasantness of fish oil supplements, Chia seeds are a great alternative, and for new or expecting mothers, they are a great way to ensure your baby is getting what s/he needs for optimum brain health and development. Lastly, you do not have to be considering motherhood to consider adding Chia to your diet. It is a wonderful, all-natural supplement that is perfectly painless (in both taste and cost) to undertake. Who would have thought that the seeds responsible for the (infamous) "Chia Pet" would offer so much more than a gawdy table ornament? Highly recommended I hope this review helpful to you. Please click "YES" !Thank you very much!

Can be used in almost everything and full of omega-3 fatty acids

Posted by Click-here-to-save-money on May 18, 2013 | Verified Purchase

High quality chia seeds. These are nice and fresh and chia seeds are a healthy supplement to my diet. I don't eat near as much fish as I should, so a spoonful in my breakfast, over a salad and in a smoothie takes care of that (apparently 3½ tablespoons of chia seeds contain as much omega-3s as a 32-ounce piece of salmon!).

Not Mamma Chia

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 16, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have to say, buying your own Chia seeds and mixing them with juice yourself makes a lot more economic sense then paying $3-$4 a bottle for the same thing. As with all Navitas products I've used, quality and freshness are excellent.

Good chia seeds

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 06, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Mix with water or almond milk, stevia & raw cacao powder. Let sit a few minutes. This forms almost a chocolate pudding type of dish, kind of a gel. Great to take before a workout or long run.

Delcious and Nutricious

Posted by thehealthyhappywoman on Jan 13, 2011 | Verified Purchase

These are high quality and super nutritious. There's really not any flavor to them, so you can add them to soups, stews, smoothies, etc. without them affecting the flavor.

Good for you

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 11, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Mixed into smoothies with a stick blender, they are tasteless, but do not completely disappear. Not a bad thing...just a little lumpy. You can make pudding with these, by soaking them in liquids... they gelatinize after a bit.

great product and best prices!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 19, 2011 | Verified Purchase

iherb has the best prices for chia seeds, and a tablespoon or two of these powerful little things in my green smoothies help keep me full for hours. all the way till lunch!

the best for my tummy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 07, 2011 | Verified Purchase

leaves you feeling full and energetic, very gentle towards my tummy (that can go IBS on me with bad foods and stress). Really love it, will buy again