Erythritol

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 28, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I've just used it on porridge so far. I left for holiday soon after getting it and haven't got back yet (doing this review at iherb.com request via email). Seems pretty good. The cool after-taste was not as noticeable as I expected and did not bother me at all. I tried Xylitol previously and found the laxative effect was a problem. No such problems with Erythritol, as expected. Since its only 70% as sweet as sugar, I plan to add some NuNaturals Stevia (the type that has no aftertaste, which I am also impressed with) so that I can get sufficient sweetness without the risk of spoiling the recipe by having too much dry ingredients (You would have to otherwise put approx 50% more Erythriol in the recipe to get the same sweetness). Plan to use it when making muffins and soy ice cream.

only so-so

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 30, 2011 | Verified Purchase

The erythritol I received from iHerb isn't the most pleasing purchase. I find I have to use almost 1/2 again as much and I still don't get that sugar zing which I do from xylitol. However xylitol gives me the runs. Oh well - guess life ain't perfect.

equal to sugar in measurement

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 29, 2010 | Verified Purchase

good substitute when recipe calls for regular white sugar in equal measure but too expensive to use on a daily basis because sweetness equals regular sugar in equal measure

Good Product; Arrived with Some Useless Clumps

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 29, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've been using erythritol for a couple of years now as a beverage sweetener substitute for sugar. This isn't nearly as sweet as sugar, but since it's zero calories and zero glycemic index, it's well worth it, I think. I would rate the erythritol itself 4 starts. I've ordered from iHerb.com several times and been satisfied. However, the last order I received is full of solid lumps. (Hence I'm rating the overall experience with iHerb.com+erythritol as 3 stars.) I can probably crush these into a usable powder, but it's going to be a big pain to do this. If my next order arrives "lumpy", I'll order elsewhere.

NuNaturals artificial sugar

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 28, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Overall it is a good product..looks and feels the same as sugar but that's where the comparison ends. It is not as sweet as sugar, even though it claims to be amd it does not dissolve in water well, like ice tea. It does a little better in hot tea or coffee. I am trying it because it was one of the sugars listed on the Belly Fat Cure by Jorge Cruise.I also detect an aftertaste that I cannot describe...I probably wont order this again. It's allot of money for 5 lbs.

NuNaturals, Pure Erythritol Crystals

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 14, 2010 | Verified Purchase

THIS IS THE ONLY SUGAR SUBSTITUTE I USE. IT TASTES CLOSEST TO REAL SUGAR THAN ALL THE REST. PROS; ZERO CALORIES -ZERO GLYCEMIC-TASTE. CONS; PRICE-YOU HAVE TO USE ALMOST TWICE AS MUCH TO GET THE SWEETNESS. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT TO DIABETICS.