For making toothpaste

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Jan 04, 2013 | Verified Purchase

No nasty fillers, flavours or preservatives. This powder has the consistency of icing sugar - mixes well in water and is tasteless. I use it to make toothpaste. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Infantile febrile convulsions

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 22, 2012 | Verified Purchase

My son is almost 10 months old, and has suffered twice with fever-related 'infantile febrile convulsions'. The doctors at the Children's Emergency department said they are 'common' and don't cause any harm - I just have to wait till he's 3 or 4 and hopefully he'll outgrow them. They said in the meantime he will probably be susceptible to fever-seizures each time he gets sick with a fever - that's a pretty terrifying prospect for a parent of a young baby. Long story short, as a terrified mum (convulsions are a horrible thing to have to watch), I googled one night, and found a comment from another mum about powdered calcium stopping her children's convulsions, so I jumped on iHerb and ordered this product (which I couldn't find in Australia). And then I waited.... About three weeks ago the product arrived. My son's fever spiked yesterday afternoon, and I automatically reached for the panadol. It did NOTHING for his fever. It climbed to 39.2 degrees. He was lethargic and glassy eyed. I tried cool face washers, stripping him off to a nappy, cool bath - nothing worked. I was waiting for the seizure to hit, and had the phone ready to call the ambulance. Then it hit me that I had the calcium carbonate in the cupboard. I mixed some up and gave it to him, and NO WORD OF A LIE, his fever went from 39.2 to 36.9 in less than 60 seconds. He went from burning up and glassy-eyed, to cool, happy, smiling, in less than a minute. I thought maybe it was a conincidence, due to the timing of also giving him panadol. But his fever spiked again at 11.30pm, and instead of going for the panadol, I reached for the calcium carbonate first this time. Again - instantly (less than a minute) his fever went from 39.4 degress down to 37 degrees, and his constitution went from miserable, glassy-eyed and (from what I know of past experience) bordering on seizure, to completely normal, happy child. He was back in his cot asleep within half an hour, whereas in the past we have had to a

Mad Scientist

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 09, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I jokingly refer to myself as a "mad scientist" as I like making my own soap, deodorant, and now, with this product, my own tooth (paste) powder. Along with several other "secret ingredients" I have concocted a wonderful recipe that has made me brush my teeth more often and have a longer feeling of fresh breath. I highly recommend this product to other "mad scientists" like myself.

Better than any toothpaste

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 02, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I used this product as one of just three ingredients in my home made all natural tooth paste, and I'm blown away by how the paste has caused the eroded enamel in my teeth to repair itself!? (Brushed too hard for years and I wore gaps into all my teeth at the top where the enamel meets the gum. My dentist said nothing can be done, he can't put fillings in that area as they won't 'stick' or stay.) Now the eroded gaps are filling themselves in!?? I'm only using it two weeks. A-mazing! (2) Also, for my calcium as an vegan I've been adding this product to my smoothies and plant milks and now I have no worries about getting enough calcium but much more important is...because I've stopped relying on cows milk to get my calcium, I've stopped contributing to the enslavement and horrific abuse of living feeling gentle mother cows.

Awesome Product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 17, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This product is awesome. I took 1 tbsp. twice a day for seven days and now I take 1 tsp. a day. It has been more than ten days and the pain in my right wrist is literally nonexistent. I also give 1 tsp to my children ages 2-14 years one a day.

Inexpensive ingredient for improving flavor and nutrition of foods / beverages

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 11, 2013 | Verified Purchase

It has a neutralizing effect on coffee's chlorogenic acid. So I use approx 1/32 tsp per 10 fl oz serving of black coffee in order to remove some of the acidic sharpness. It can also help to complex the phytic acid (an anti-nutrient) present in whole grain hot cereals, such as oatmeal. That helps to prevent the grains' minerals from being rendered unabsorbable.

excellent quality, price, and customer service!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 09, 2009 | Verified Purchase

The title says it all! This product is excellent quality for a great price. iherb.com ships quickly and provides great customer service.

Now Foods Calcium Carbonate Powder

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 29, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I feel my dogs raw and this is how I ensure they have the proper balance of phosphate and calcium. The Now Foods Calcium makes it easy to calculate and dispense, the price is good and the product stands up over time. I am very pleased with all my Now products.

Calcium Carbonate Powder review

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I learned of NOW supplements through a canine food group I belong to. Their standards for purity are exactly what I look for when buying supplements. I use this product for my dogs to balance their home cooked diet. Calcium carbonate is supposed to be easy on the digestive system. My dogs have no problems taking this product.

Best buy for Calcium

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 26, 2016 | Verified Purchase

It lasts more than half a year, it's inexpensive, and it's really easy to consume, I mix it with my soy milk and I'm good to go, doesn't make it flavor wrongly, though I recommend to mix in 400ml or so, 200ml may be too little and the powdery taste too strong. Still, this is my choice when buying Calcium from now on, pills were too big and liquid was too flavory, with this calcium I choose the flavors and concentration, it's the best!