CAD

very effective, incredible value

Posted by Reviewer1859641 on Jan 16, 2012 | Verified Purchase

By far the best value for I've found for this, with nearly twice as much gymnemic acid per penny as the next best deal (also from Source Naturals). Living up to the "Ultra Potency" name (which curiously isn't included in the catalog heading at iHerb), it not only has the most gymnema extract per tablet, but the extract is high-concentration, with 75% gymnemic acid. I can vouch that gymnema dramatically helps in managing blood sugar. I know this because I'd been trying to go without it temporarily, and am feeling the difference. As of the time I am posting, this has been out-of-stock at iHerb for at least a month-and-a-half. I tend to be frugal, and wanted to see if I could wait it out. I can't wait anymore. The product I'm ordering instead costs two-and-a-half times more per mg of gymnemic acid, which is disappointing. iHerb is usually very good with replenishing its stock, so I hope that this hasn't been discontinued.

Helps pancreatic beta cells

Posted by Reviewer2017626 on Jun 13, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Source Naturals Gymnema Sylvestra works the best out of the gymnema sylvestra supplements I have tried. After nine months of taking this formula, along with banaba, cinnamon, a multi-vitamin and fish/flax oils, moving around more, and eating a low-fat diet of fish, egg whites, and non-starchy vegetables my blood sugar is normal (previously my average blood sugar was 345). I also take Jarrow Adrenal Optimizer.

I don't want any more sweets

Posted by Reviewer1395979 on Mar 23, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This works great. Appetite decreases and cravings for sweets dissappear. Forgot to take for 2 days and notice thoughts of food starting to take "hold" as before. All in all, it helps you to eat sensibly - not taking all your appetite away so that you end uop eating a lot later, but giving you control over cravings and desire for junk food

Helps blood sugar stability

Posted by Reviewer2030676 on Feb 08, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This product is an integral part of my diabetes management program. I take this, chromium & alpha lipoic acid. I have blood sugar in truly normal range, 70-90 almost all the time. I have noticed my body is able to handle a healthy amount of natural carbohydrates thanks to gymnema, even if I skip a few days.

Excelent product

Posted by Reviewer1324878 on Apr 09, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Great for lowering blood sugar type I diabetic as well as type II

leveling

Posted by Kyriaki on Jan 08, 2013 | Verified Purchase

gymnema seems to level sugar without going over the top and making you hungry like some insulin products can. it really does curb carbohydrate/sugar cravings. i also put my mum on it because she was hungry and grumpy every 2 hours. highly recommended

Good, but could be improved further.

Posted by Reviewer2920365 on Nov 16, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This high-potency formula is very good. It helps ease the strain on one of our bodies most stressed organs, the pancreas. With our sugar-loaded diets these days, this formulation is very much needed. The pancreas gets a lot of damage when we over-eat on sugar, pumping out insulin like crazy. Gymnema helps ease the stress on the pancreas, and also reduces cravings for crazy amounts of candy and chocolate. Perhaps could be improved with a couple of other additions like Chromium, cinnamon and ginger (all help metabolize sugar) but still a worthwhile purchase.

Wonderful

Posted by Reviewer1643948 on Aug 25, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have taken your product off and on for 12 months. I tried a different one and it didn't work as well as Source Naturals. I'm back on this brand now and I intend to stay on it. I take one twice a day and it has helped to lower my A1C. My doctor is amazed at how well it is lowering my A1C. I recommend it to everyone I know who has diabetes. It is a remarkable product. I wish all Drs. would recommend Gymnema Sylvestre for their diabetic patients.

Gynema Sylvestre

Posted by Reviewer1427572 on Jun 08, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have never had so much success with a herb. It helps control the severity of hunger I experience with my blood sugar problem.

Sugar buster

Posted by Reviewer1145116 on Apr 12, 2009 | Verified Purchase

As far as I can tell, this product is accomplishing what it is intended to do; to eliminate sugar cravings and help support pancreatic health.

1 2 3 4