CAD

CA$22.90

CA$26.95

Savings of: CA$4.04 (15% off)

Won't buy again - recommend organic selenium or sodium selenite instead

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Dec 08, 2013

I picked this one because it allowed me to adjust serving size to suit - it's not a megadose, has no added junk and can be tailored to need, offering more flexibility than caps/tabs. However - for whatever reason, even less than suggested dose caused collagen issues for me and I had to stop using it. I've also tried a non-yeast L-selenomethionine (Solgar) - unfortunately the tablet fillers caused me similar issues. I've recently tried a different brand, and aside from dose, it's perfect. Of particular interest to me - selenium has been shown to regulate: 1) lipoxygenases (e.g. arachidonate 5-lipoxygenase, which transforms EFAs into inflammatory mediators); and 2) circadian rhythm. I notice when I don't get enough selenium, I start turning into a night owl. I've found it doesn't take much to reset, and because (as with everything) there's a fine balance between not enough/too much, I'd prefer a selenium supplement I can increase in smaller increments than the majority of supplements allow, to save me having to cut tablets all the time. I've since read asthma studies that used sodium selenite (not selenate), so am tempted to try it. Vit E inhibits 5-lipoxygenase (5-LO) - so both are beneficial. Magnesium is a selenium (and vit E) antagonist - making many vege sources of selenium (such as nuts, brown rice, etc), a catch-22 if selenium intake is inadequate. This one's tasteless in water and yeast free - but I don't recommend it. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

great product

Posted by 5081120529577028619 on Jul 29, 2013

No fillers, just what you need and easy to take

Good source of Selenium

Posted by HyperTEXTuality on Jul 27, 2015

I loved the idea of adding Selenium to my water. Also, it meant less additives and capsules, etc. I was so excited about using this that I then ordered the respective liquid Selenium from Trace Minerals. Surprisingly, I wasn't happy with it. I like Eidon's supplement better.

Happy

Posted by 5572519946278743577 on Jan 08, 2013

Does the job!

Love Eidon

Posted by CoolinArizona on Aug 12, 2011

Eidon products are so terrific and I know they are working

Not pure Selenium !

Posted by 5035186151519159078 on Oct 27, 2016

I asked for pure selenium - this product is obviously watered down in spite of the bottle saying " liquid concentrate"