CAD

CA$12.69

CA$18.12

Savings of: CA$5.44 (30% off)

High Concentration of Fluoride

Posted by Reviewer2469206 on Aug 15, 2013

"Commonly known as kala namak or sanchal, black salt ... has one of the highest concentrations of fluoride and should be used sparingly and not on a regular basis as excessive fluoride is harmful to health." -- [Flavour is just one of salt's many positives - The Indian Express]

Great Spice

Posted by Reviewer1920504 on Jun 26, 2013

It's the second time I had bought this black salt. The more I use it - the more I like it. I now use it in all my dishes - including pickles. The salty taste is very strong and it hes also a taste of eggs and some odour of rotten eggs. Bat ! the eggs' taste and odour vaporizes when heated or mixed with sauce. If you want the eggy taste put it on a hot dish just before it's done. It has no sodium and it is considered to have many healthy benefits. The one I really have noticed is a better focus of my eyes. There is no control of the powder's colour. Individually, I like the darker powder more.

Egg taste

Posted by 5436635851791759563 on Oct 14, 2014

It has a nice egg aftertaste, I add it to spreads or chickpeas omletes, so if you're vegan and missing eggs it could be nice.

loving this

Posted by 5189052797297412845 on Nov 25, 2014

great egg flavor substitute for vegans. works well with mashed tofu as egg salad.

Love it!

Posted by 4778441992796399333 on Dec 04, 2014

It actually adds egg flavor to my food.

the bag was pierced when I got it

Posted by 5075308956598951606 on Jan 14, 2015