Now Foods, Mega Pack, Carbo Gain, 100% Complex Carbohydrate, 12 lbs (5.45 kg) (Discontinued Item)

C$ 36.24

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »

More energy!

Posted by ijamesmurphy From Australia on Aug 29, 2012

Carbo Gain goes down easy, and I feel a noticeable increase in energy levels during my workout. Prior to taking Carbo Gain I was having a pre and post-workout shake with 33g Now Foods Pea Protein, 30g oat flour, and a cup of oat milk. Oats are heavy and digest pretty slowly though, so I would sometimes feel a bit sluggish during my early morning workout. Now with 50g (1/2 cup) of Carbo Gain in my pre/post workout shakes instead of the oats, I certainly feel more energised, before, during and after my weights session. As a hardgainer I need to focus on calorie dense foods, and this fits the bill perfectly. Taking 100g per day you'll get through a lot of Carbo Gain, so this Mega Pack is definitely the best value for money. I don't follow food combing rules, but I do know that a protein/carb mix is not ideal, so I also take a Now Foods Plant Enzyme Vcap to optimise digestion.

Great stuff,but needs a better container.

Posted by Reviewer1950291 From California on Aug 09, 2008

I use the maltodextrin on long distance (2 hours and over} biking for muscle glygogen replenishment while riding. It works great, and I don't have to eat much while on the bike. The problem is the container. It is awkward to get the powder out of the sack and when you close the sack the powder puffs out--and I doubt if it's a good idea to breathe that stuff. A big plastic jug with a big opening (like the 7# Carbo Gain comes in) would be much better. And how about throwing in a cheapo 1/2 cup measuring cup---woulld be very handy.

Pure maltodextrin.

Posted by Reviewer2320997 From Wisconsin on Feb 19, 2008

The common ingredient in many of the high priced sports drink powders is maltodextrin. Get it here at a fraction of the cost.

Now Foods Carbo Gain

Posted by Reviewer2984700 From California on Jun 23, 2009

I love this product and have been using it for years. I mix some in with my protein powder several times a day between meals and before and after sports in order to get some complex carbs in the mix. If Carbo Gain is ever discontinued, I'd really be lost for an alternative.

Carbo Gain

Posted by Reviewer2648558 From Idaho on Jul 01, 2009

Great stuff! I use it when climbing mountains. I mix it with honey and water to form a paste (similar to Hammer Gel) and suck about an ounce every 20 minutes. I need no other snacks or power bars during an all-day climb/hike. It really keeps me going.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »