Now Foods, Pycnogenol, 60 mg, 50 Veggie Caps

C$ 31.08

Eyesight got BETTER!

Posted by Reviewer3064760 on Jan 10, 2008

With all the things I had read about pycnogenol, I thought, can it really work. After about a month, I started forgetting to put on my glasses for driving when I would leave the house. I also was reading close-up print without the bifocals!! I am really impressed. I only take 1 pill at bedtime and have had this much result! Also the added rutin is CRUCIAL for building blocks of arteries and veins and keeping them strong (to help prevent strokes).

Great for preventing bruises and nosebleeds

Posted by Reviewer1327608 on Apr 03, 2008

I take a lot of fish oil, but since fish oil is a blood thinner, it tends to make me bruise and get nosebleeds easily. A friend recommended Pycnogenol to stop the bruising and nosebleeds. It worked like a charm. It also make a good anti-inflammatory. The only drawback I've experienced is that high doses (200 mg.) tend to make me a little light-headed and irritable. Pycnogenol works best if taken with lots of vitamin C (500 mg.)

Impressed With This

Posted by Reviewer1118058 on Jun 18, 2009

From Australia Read the review here about stopping nose bleeds so gave it a try. Wasn’t getting blood noses until I started taking Vitamin E to thin down sticky blood, then started to get mild nose bleeds daily just blowing and cleaning my nose. Within 3 days of taking Pycnogenol and continuing with Vit E, no more nose bleeds. Didn’t think it would work that fast! I was also reading of one study where Pycnogenol® (between 150mg & 300mg used in trial) was significantly more successful in decreasing Chronic Venous Insufficiency symptoms than the prescription drug Daflon®, a combination of diosmin and hesperidin so am hoping it will help with some spider veins but will give it more time.

Excellent combination of ingredients!

Posted by TrueReviews on Nov 15, 2013

Pycnogenol is a well known antioxidant, it recycles vitamin C in the body. So, it is better taken with vitamin C, and this product has rutin and acerola in it, which are vit C sources. I feel great using it, it has made a difference in my leg veins, and i believe in my eye sight too, which was unexpected! Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

Great muscle tonic!

Posted by Reviewer2689446 on Nov 08, 2011

First, I have great respect for Now and Drs Best as superior products. I started using this for high blood pressure, which didnt show anything very noticeable. However when I noticed reduction in muscle fatigue after exercise and an elimination of my nightly charlie-horse cramping, I did the research. The only change in my supplements was this and cordyceps. Research shows this was probably the main reason for my cramps going away. Note from Nov 2011 Just went on my first skate ski of the year. Put my wife on it months ago. Neither of us experienced the usual aching shank muscles we always got early season even when we were in racing shape.