CAD

CA$11.50
CA$15.40
Savings of: CA$3.89 (25% off)
Reviews 5-star

Love, love, love this stuff!

Posted by patehosplace on Aug 05, 2009

Excellent for heavy workouts and stamina is needed. I put two teaspoons in a glass of distilled water and let it sit for fifteen minutes. The seeds soak up all the water and have the consistency of jello. Sip it all day! No flavor, mix with fruit in the morning for a smoothie, put leftover in fridge and voila! A fruit jello that is packed full of vitamins, anti oxidants, omega 3+6 etc. etc.! Amazing miracle food!

Good deal!

Posted by Reviewer1886198 on May 20, 2009

I had read about Salba, but you have to order from the manufacturer, and nowhere around where I live carries it. Of course they want you to commit to auto shipping to get a better deal, but it's not as good as iherb.com's price. We add to smoothies, oatmeal, soup, whatever. It really has no flavor. Sometimes I add to water. Whatever you add it to it makes it thick, because there is a natural gel coating on the seeds that absorbs water and keeps you from being hungry as soon as usual.

Like these the best

Posted by Reviewer1404401 on Jun 16, 2010

We have tried other brands, from iHerb and other suppliers and prefer these. The nutrition profile is pretty much the same from brand to brand, prices vary some, Now has best taste and very good price. And, as usual, iHerb is the best supplier.

Blanco Salvia White Chia Seeds, Great Price!!!

Posted by Reviewer2298049 on Jul 04, 2010

Wow great price!!! Leave it to NOW to make the price more affordable. An 1lb bag of Salba brand white chia is between $20-$25 in Canada. This is one of the best food sources to keep you regular (high in both types of fiber, so forget the Psyllium) and it's loaded with very important nutrients including more omega 3 than flax seed, minerals, vitamins, proteins, and anti-oxidants. You don't have to grind the seeds like flax, but if I don't grind them I find they just pass through undigested. I also prefer the smoother texture of the grinded seeds when I mix with liquids. I also read some where that you should grind them to release more of the important nutrients. I just used a cheap coffee grinder to grind the seeds. ( don't use the same one for coffee) I now add 3-5 heaping teaspoons of grinded chia a day to my diet. I mix it in my morning greens drink, freshly juiced vegetable juices, oatmeal and yogurt. Great in turkey meat loaf instead of bread crumbs.I also like to make lemon chia frescas. Mix a teaspoon of chia in a glass of freshly squeezed lemonade sweeten with stevia (I use NuStevia White Stevia Powder also purchased here) After a few weeks of taking chia you'll defintely noticed an improvement in your overall health. You will definitely be more regular, and you'll have more energy.

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer2830812 on Nov 27, 2012

I grind these in a coffee grinder and as a result have seeds which are delicious and very useable. I only use about 2 tablespoons a day or a little less and it is a great help with the IBS symptoms. They are tasteless and when ground (which is very easy to do) have a nice texture. I usually mix with my Keefer but also can mix with simply anything.