CAD

CA$11.00

CA$15.72

Savings of: CA$4.72 (30% off)

Prefer other stevia products

Posted by LessSugarNaturally on Jun 12, 2013

I recently compared this product with “NuNaturals Alcohol-Free Stevia" and “Sweetleaf’s Sweetdrops". PURITY: You might expect that “pure liquid stevia” means just pure stevia, but most stevia products have a filler to make them measurable in recipes. This product uses the following ingredients:  Water, 20% pure grain alcohol, vegetable glycerine and natural flavors. Compare this to “NuNaturals Alcohol-Free Stevia" which uses only water and glycerine. “Sweetleaf’s Sweetdrops" uses ONLY water as a filler. TASTE: I compared all three products in homemade lemonade. This product is definitely sweeter.  I needed a third less drops than the other two.  This is because the added alcohol acts as a sweetener on its own. I found that it had an extra layer of flavor…not bad…but there was something extra in the taste.  My daughter and I felt it worked well in beverages like lemonade or coffee….foods that have a strong, sour or bitter taste to overcome.  In baking it was very hard to tell the difference, but again there was just a hint of an extra flavor. CONCLUSION: This product tasted good but I don’t like the extra added alcohol. I prefer SL's Sweetdrops made with only water followed by NuNatural’s Alcohol-Free stevia. I live in Canada and have received all of my iherb orders within 2 weeks. Feel free to check out my other detailed reviews on products like stevia, baking staples and low-toxicity beauty products and do let me know if you found this review helpful :)

GOOD PRODUCT - INCONSISTANT DRIP

Posted by Reviewer1142941 on Jun 24, 2008

Very good tasting and clear product. Only problem is the drip from bottle to bottle - sometimes a very stubborn drip - sometimes a stream. I recommend the product but watch out for the DRIP!

Product has changed

Posted by Reviewer2351969 on Oct 22, 2013

Bought this sweetener for more then a year, I was very happy with this product but lately it tastes differently: less sweet and with a strong stevia aftertaste...what changed?????

I think they have changed it.

Posted by Reviewer1259901 on Oct 27, 2013

And it's not as sweet any more, so that means it's more expensive, as I am using more to get the same sweetness I previously did. I don't find any aftertaste, but I am going to investigate other options now that the bottle doesn't last as long.

NOT as sweet anymore!! what happened to my fav stevia??

Posted by Reviewer1315573 on Nov 04, 2013

Agree with the two most recent posters. I thought I was actually going mad )) But i needed to double the amount of drops in order to get my sweet taste. I don't think my taste palette is changing as other stevia blends work as effectively for me. SHAME ON YOU NuNaturals!!

Simply the best

Posted by Reviewer3294939 on Aug 20, 2008

I have tried every type of Stevia from dry powder to syrup-style and the drops are the best because they are less messy than syrup and one can easily count the number of drops going into the beverage for sweetening consistency. No guesswork as with powder and syrup. Also, NuNaturals Clear has no aftertaste like some Stevia products have. An excellent product all-around. John Ahrens

There is no better stevia product than NuStevia!!!

Posted by Reviewer3070200 on Oct 27, 2008

This is a great stevia for your purse, your desk at work, for travel, etc. It lasts a long time and is the same great taste as the NuStevia powders!

Liquid Stevia

Posted by holistic1 on Aug 04, 2008

I can't say enough wonderful things about Stevia. It is a shame that Stevia is not more widely publicized in the United States. The liquid form of this terrific herbal supplement is (obviously) very portable. I can't live without it!!

Clear Stevia, 2 fl oz.

Posted by Reviewer3098249 on Aug 17, 2008

This is a good product that does not have an after taste that is bitter; regardless of how much you use. I truly, recommend this product!

a must have!

Posted by Reviewer1162928 on Jun 05, 2008

I use this liquid because it is not bitter. It is fantastic in cold drinks such as lemonade, ice tea etc. It does not make the drink cloudy and the packets do.