July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Starwest Botanicals, Kelp Powder, Organic, 1 lb

C$ 5.70
4 out of 5 based on 177 reviews

STARWEST KELP - WORST KELP EVER!

Posted by Reviewer1973966 on Nov 27, 2011

I have tried different brands of kelp powder and this is the worst. The color is not green as good quality kelp should be. Instead it is a clay color. Also the taste and smell are not reminiscent of the ocean, as good kelp is. It smells like clay and tastes like clay. I should have known better than to order the Starwest brand, since I ordered their nettles before and it was very poor quality. However, I took a chance on their kelp because I figured that kelp would be difficult to downgrade into poor quality. Needless to say, I have learned my lesson. I will never buy the Starwest brand again. I will have to use what I bought for my plants and maybe for applying to my thighs for reducing cellulite, as another reviewer suggested. Try the Frontier brand for better quality kelp powder. Try Mountain Rose Herbs for the best quality.

Finely ground

Posted by Reviewer3249133 on Nov 16, 2010

I like this kelp powder, because it's so finely ground. Most products that I have seen are too coarse for minerals to effectively assimilate into your body. Of course this kelp tastes terrible, as all kelp does, but you can try to blend it with something else to hide the taste. Maca powder works surprisingly well in this regard, and maca is healthy to eat in itself.

Very nice product that keeps my dogs' teeth healthy

Posted by Reviewer2409476 on Apr 07, 2010

I feed a raw diet to my dogs and add kelp for it's mineral content. The added benefit over the years has been that their teeth stay plaque free. I stopped using kelp for a while and noticed the tartar return which proved to me that the kelp has an anti-plaque effect. This powder mixes in quite well with their food and they seem to like the slightly fishy taste.

I add it to my green smoothie

Posted by yourhealthsuccess on May 24, 2010

It's chock full of iodine so we all need this kelp and the powder is so convenient for my green smoothies!

Not good