CAD

Excellent pure raw manuka honey from New Zealand.

Posted by Caerulea on May 13, 2014

Not all honey is created equal. Manuka honey is the queen of it all. What gives it this title is its unique phytochemical composition. All honey has some antibiotic and healing properties because it contains hydrogen peroxide. But in addition to it, manuka honey is the only type of honey that has a high concentration of methylglyoxal, a powerful antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiviral, antifungal, analgesic, antispasmodic, tonic, cicatrizant, soothing, emollient, and healing agent, which comes the conversion of dihydroxyacetone, a compond found in high concentration in the nectar of manuka flowers, and gives manuka honey its exceptional properties. Its antibacterial power is determined by the concentration of methylglyoxal: the higher the concentration, the stronger the antibiotic effect and potency of manuka honey. The potency of manuka honey is called UMF, which stands for Unique Manuka Factor. The UMF rating corresponds to the concentration of methylglyoxal. Not all manuka honey contains significant levels of methylglyoxal. To be considered potent enough to be therapeutic, it needs a minimum rating of 10 UMF. To be labelled manuka honey, at least 70% of its pollen content should come from the manuka tree. Another unique thing about manuka honey is that it's very thixotropic and has the highest viscosity among different types of honey, which means that it's gel-like in liquid form, and becomes less solid when stirred or shaken. It's also slow to granulate and forms coarse crystals, that's why genuine manuka honey has a smooth and creamy texture. This Wedderspoon Organic Raw Manuka Honey is an excellent product: it's 100% pure, raw, unpasteurized, delicious, comes from New Zealand (which means that it's genuine, because manuka trees grow only in New Zealand and southeastern Australia), has a smooth and creamy texture (which proves once again that it's genuine) and a rating of 16 UMF, which means that it's therapeutic grade, not to mention that the packaging is BPA free. This manuka honey is truly a superfood loaded with health benefits. In addition to methylglyoxal, it's a great source of manganese, iron, copper, pota ssium, zinc, selenium, calcium, magnesium, riboflavin, vitamin B6, vitamin C, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid and effective in treating infections, colds, flu, fever, respiratory tract conditions, nasal congestion, sore throat, bronchitis, tonsillitis, laryngitis, sinusitis, asthma, gastritis, acid reflux, Helicobacter pylori, indigestion, stomach ulcers, IBS, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, hay fever, high cholesterol, cardiovascular conditions, heart disease, diabetes, kidney and liver disease, arthritis, rheumatism, osteoporosis, aching muscles, earache, chronic fatigue syndrome, migraines and headaches, stress, anxiety, insomnia, cataracts, diabetic foot ulcers, sunburn, acne, rashes, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, shingles, hives, scabies, sciatica, ringworm, chicken pox, dandruff, seborrhea, scalp infections, cavities, caries, tooth decay, plaque and tartar build up, sore gums, gingivitis, parodontitis, gum infections, canker sores, mouth ulcers, as well as many other conditions. When used internally, manuka honey boosts and strengthens the immune systems, removes toxins out of the body, aids digestion, prevents heartburn and acid reflux, relieves nausea and bloating, heals gastric ulcers, soothes the stomach lining, reduces colon inflammation, facilitates healing, improves liver and kidney function, balances the intestinal flora, helps stabilize blood sugar and regulate insulin levels, normalizes blood pressure, lowers triglycerides and LDL or "bad" cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or "good" cholesterol, stimulates blood flow and improves circulation, protects against strokes, atherosclerosis and peripheral arterial disease, neutralizes free radicals, improves brain function, helps maintain healthy bones, teeth, joints, skin, nails, and hair, aids sleep, relieves the symptoms of stress and depression, and reduces the risk of cancer. It does wonders when applied topically, as well: it fights infection, heals wounds, sores, dry, sore, and chapped lips, cuts, abrasions, peeling skin, bruises, insect bites, stings, abscesses, boils, blisters, burns, carbuncles. A manuka honey facial mask calms itching, reduces redness and inflammation, improves the complexion, evens out the skin tone, detoxifies the skin, exfoliates dead skin cells, draws out excess dirt, oil, and product buildup, removes impurities and debris from under the skin without stripping the skin's protective layer, unclogs and tightens pores decreasing their size, regulates sebum production, improves cellular circulation, stimulates cell renewal and regeneration, tones, firms, nourishes, invigorates, revitalizes, and rejuvenates the skin helping restore its elasticity and protecting it at the cellular level, supports and strengthens the skin's defensive mechanisms, and prevents premature aging. A manuka honey hair mask soothes and heals the scalp, calms itching, removes dandruff and flakiness, strengthens the root bulbs and follicle connection, slows down hair loss, pro motes keratin production and hair growth. A manuka honey compress stimulates blood circulation, relieves pain, and aids in coagulation of wounds for faster healing. A manuka honey mouth wash soothes and heals sore gums, prevents inflammation and tartar buildup. I use this amazing manuka honey both internally and externally and I really love it: it relieves the symptoms of my acid reflux and gastritis, helps normalize my cholesterol levels and blood pressure, boosts my immune system and I don't get sick easily, helps me sleep better and feel rested and refreshed when I wake up, clears up my acne, improves my complexion and skin tone, smoothes out some fine lines and reduces my pigmentation spots. So glad I discovered this amazing product. Totally recommend it.

Best natural medicine ever

Posted by Reviewer1221556 on Feb 14, 2011

I purchased this mainly for acne. I put on a layer every night over my topicals and moisturizer and wake up with really calmed skin. It's great for spot treatments too--usually calm down a cyst by 40% over 5 hours. Besides from using this for facials, I also eat a spoonful a day before meals. I think it helps my digestion since I dont get strange stomach noises after meals anymore haha.

excellent for candida

Posted by KentuckyWildcat on Jan 31, 2011

Taken as directed (one teaspoon a half-hour before meals), this Manuka honey completely knocked out GI Candida within 2 days! I am very impressed. It tastes great in tea, but does not have the same effect as when taken before meals. Apparently it can also be used topically to treat or prevent infection, and is used overseas in hospitals to prevent infection of surgical wounds.

Price increase

Posted by Reviewer1590074 on Sep 05, 2012

What a price increase: Almost 4 USD, more than 13% since I ordered mine less than a month ago! This new price makes it unfeasible for all your Norwegian customers to purchase this product, since the order value must be less than 34 USD to avoid customs. I was going to reorder, but now I can't.

No more heartburn since I've been using the Manuka Honey

Posted by Reviewer1280996 on Jun 28, 2011

I bought the Wedderspoon Manuka Honey because somone told me it would help with heartburn from an ulcer. I started taking a heaping spoonful of the honey three times a day. After about a week the burning pain from the ulcer began to subside significantly. After several more weeks it went away completely. Now I use simply the Manuka Honey on my toast each morning; haven't had any burning pain at all, since.

Miraculous

Posted by Reviewer2981997 on Jan 03, 2013

I was saving this like some precious cure for serious ailments.... Well, my husband caught this nasty flu celebrating New Years up North in our cold weather. He ended up with this really bad dry cough, so I decided to try this precious purchase. I mixed a teaspoonful in a Swiss herbal tea, and made a cup for myself too. He said it helped, he felt much better after one cup. I myself noticed how it affected breathing. The taste is soft and sweet, seems to cure cough and has a definite effect on breathing. It really opens up your lungs somehow. I'll definitely order again.

I got hooked on by the good ratings!

Posted by 5381356734354033389 on Apr 22, 2015

I ordered two jars of this honey in hope of getting some benefits from the honey. Well, you know. Manuka honey is supposed to be helpful for many alignments. However, it wasn't until i googled "Manuka honey fake" that I found this brand doesn't really belong to a part of the licensed companies of UMFHA. And in some tests their honey was even found to have contained almost none of the good stuff that you would expect to find in real UMF honey. People! Don't be fooled by the "Active 16+" written on the jar. Just simply google it and you will know what i mean.

works great for acid reflux!

Posted by Reviewer2854300 on Dec 21, 2010

I put a little of this magic honey onto a piece of rice cake 3x a day, about 20 minutes before meals, and it helps heal my esophagus from acid reflux damage. Tastes great, too. Wish it wasn't so expensive, but it does the job.

Manuka honey really does its job!

Posted by Reviewer1196311 on Feb 24, 2011

I have been using Manuka now for 3 weeks and i feel like it really boosts my health and resistance to get cold and tummy aches. The taste is divine - so it's a shame that the amount of honey in the jar is way too little compared to the amount i would like to enjoy it! Tried this once in a sauna as well, spread it on to skin with impurities and skin felt healed and soft afterwards. I recommend this to everybody!

Immediate Effects

Posted by Reviewer3029796 on Jan 21, 2011

I had the beginnings of mild indigestion for the past few months, mainly a burning sensation. Tried mastic gum and that was beneficial, however, manuka honey provided full and immediate relief from the first time I took it. Usually herbal remedies take a few weeks or months to come into their full effects, but not manuka honey. Be sure you put the honey on a piece of bread or rice cake to get it down into your stomach, although taking the honey directly from a spoon might have positive effects if you have throat or esophageal problems. Highly recommended!