not sure what it does

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 09, 2016 | Verified Purchase

have been using this on my cats for awhile but I do not see plaque being ripped off their teeth, maybe their breath smells less awful , im not too sure. But it is easy to hide in their food or water, and the fizzing entertains them for a while :P

No effect

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 26, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Even though the description says it has no taste or smell my dog prefers regular water to it and can definitely see it on the surface not dissolved. Also couldn't help the smelly breath. Maybe it will help between veterinarian checks

Works well for my cats and dogs

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 05, 2018 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this product for my 3 cats and 2 dogs. They have no problem drinking the water and it seems to work really well. One of my cats had very bad breath and it has improved dramatically. The amount of plaque on my dog's teeth has been greatly reduced. Visiting the vet for the yearly vaccinations resulted in good comments about the state of my dog's teeth. They asked what was I doing to get such clean teeth. Bottom line - it works and I'll keep buying

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 04, 2017 | Verified Purchase

This product works really great for our three dogs!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 21, 2018 | Verified Purchase

my dog 's teeth love it

Dog loves it

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 07, 2017 | Verified Purchase

We use this coz our two dogs share a water bowl and the older one has terrible teeth and we don't want the other to catch his gingivitis. Problem is, she's obsessed with the flavor whatever it is, and will finish the whole bowl at a go when this is added. The whole bowl! So we use it quite occasionally. Our older dog doesn't have that same obsessive problem with this water, he seems to like it ok.

Pets drink the water, easy to use and that's a start.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 27, 2017 | Verified Purchase

There's no way to know right away if this does indeed stimulate the enzymes that keep their teeth clean but it's worth a try. All 5 of my pets will drink the water and I was concerned they would not. They only get one pouch a day so we will see. Easy to use.

Great product!

Posted by abbyca on Jul 18, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Since I don't brush neither of my cat's teeth, I decided to try this product out. I've been using it for awhile now and so far, I haven't had any problems with my cats drinking the water. I also noticed that their breath has improved in regards to smell. I'd definitely recommend it.

The hardest part is not knowing if the cats are drinking it

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 27, 2017 | Verified Purchase

This product is for helping to remove plaque from dogs and cats teeth. It contains enzymes that eat off the plaque. Even though the company says you can add it to food, they know that that is a waste of time as the enzymes will be mostly just attached to the food and not the pets teeth. It really has to be added to water to be effective. The problem is, each packet only lasts for "6-8 hours". So if I add a packet at 8:00am, one cat drinks, but the other two don't seem to touch it for at least 8 hours. There are 24 hours in a day. Only covering two 6-8 hr windows doesn't help much. I think one cat might only drink once at night. If they drink outside the window, then they aren't getting any benefit. Another problem is that it contains sodium bicarb. We all know that that would make it taste like an Alka-Seltzer and indeed it does fizz. The package says it doesn't change the taste and I haven't tasted it myself yet, but I'm guessing it must taste like salt. One of my cats is un-naturally attracted to it and drinks it like crazy. Water is good for cats, but too much sodium is bad for their kidneys. Cats are known to not drink water and to be dehydrated. So to see my cat drinking and drinking....worries me. Maybe she likes the salt taste, but who wants to drink nothing but salt water?? My other two cats don't seem to want to drink it at all. I'm afraid they may not have drank any water in some time in protest. The reason I want to use it is because all of the toothpaste gels out there for pets contain horrible cancer causing ingredients like EDTA and Sorbitol. This product doesn't contain anything cancer-causing but the sodium bicarb is concerning to me. Someone suggested putting it into a syringe and squirting it into your pets mouth. I'm a nurse and can do that. For those of you with no common sense, do not spray it hard to the back of the throat and choke the animal. It should only be dripped into the mouth; not force-sprayed. Also, one packet is to be poured into their drinking water. The company told me that the enzymes aren't viable for long after you've opened the pouch. Meaning they are saying you can't pour half into water in the morning then save the other half to use in the evening. Either they are lying so as to force you to buy more, or they are telling the truth. I think they are likely telling the truth as a quick search on enzyme viability tells me they are very hard to keep active. The sodium is definitely being used to help keep them active. So per those instructions, this package of 30 pouches, using just two pouches a day (for likely only 12 hours coverage in a 24 hr period) will last you only two weeks. You'd need two pouches a month for two applications a day. Its a lot more expensive than the tooth gels that are usually only $11 and last my 3 cats a year.

Tricky to use

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 26, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Tried this on my cats food and you must wait until the fuzzy noises end before giving food to your pet. Our cats didn't drink the water when I added this into the bowl, has cloudy bubbles in the water. Not sure if I'll buy it again?.